Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Will it fix 1603 autoreboot problems?
Unfortunately not, but I am working on it.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This is special "tiny" version for Coderus

The extra kernel modules have been removed from the cpio, reducing the size of the total tar file to 11 megs of size. Get it from Here
(md5sum=bb48badc8102a43fb96e0b52e3fae876)

The basic behaviour is same as in the full version, it's just not as extensible as the version with all modules.

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-06-01 at 21:35. Reason: added info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Updated the files also to the ubiboot repository at Skeiron
This might have higher download bandwidth for some people.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
I have BackupMenu, Nitdroid and Harmattan works....all ok. Nemo mobile boot it with load the kernel....

But i can not find the mistake with Ubiboot, only Nemo boots up.
A Black screen by Harmattan...

ubiboot.dmesg

ubiboot.log

Originally Posted by MAX9 View Post
I have BackupMenu, Nitdroid and Harmattan works....all ok. Nemo mobile boot it with load the kernel....

But i can not find the mistake with Ubiboot, only Nemo boots up.
A Black screen by Harmattan...
I can see you tried it with normal kernel, l2fixed kernel and nitdroid kernel, do all behave the same way?

Did you have/try any previous version of ubiboot, and if you did, was the result any different?

One thing you could do; the /sbin/preinit_harmattan in my setup seems to not work correctly for all people, so you could use the original preinit.
Just do "cp /sbin/preinit /sbin/preinit_harmattan" as root and try again.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I can see you tried it with normal kernel, l2fixed kernel and nitdroid kernel, do all behave the same way?
yes

Did you have/try any previous version of ubiboot, and if you did, was the result any different?
no

Just do "cp /sbin/preinit /sbin/preinit_harmattan" as root and try again.
the same, black screen.

the modules....don't really understand this section:

Code:
The modules for the kernels are located in each OS's hierarchy, normally in the
    "/lib/modules" directory.
    Do not forget to have the correct modules there, and remember to do "depmod -a <name>"
    if you are copying new modules to the directory!
in /lib/modules (Harmattan fs) must be the same inside with /boot/lib/modules/ on ubifs ?

Last edited by MAX9; 2013-06-02 at 21:48.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
About modules you do not need to care, if you do not know.
Simple question: where did you put the harmattan kernels (when under harmattan OS itself)? Hopefully directly under '/boot' directory?
To me it looks like it just does not find specified kernel. Or just a typo in image names (not really, as it seems
same for all harmattan kernels).
Another question: Nitdroid starts? As that kernel is located in same directory.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
To me it looks like it just does not find specified kernel. Or just a typo in image names (not really, as it seems
same for all harmattan kernels).
Another question: Nitdroid starts? As that kernel is located in same directory.
I am fairly sure Max9 has the kernels in the correct place, since in the ubiboot log the loading is done sucessifully:
Code:
Jun  2 18:52:13 (none) user.notice root: Selecting Harmattan OS, running kernel /boot/Harmattan/boot/zImage-2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301
Jun  2 18:52:14 (none) user.notice root: kexec_load() successful
Jun  2 18:52:14 (none) user.notice root: Restarting to selected OS
Jun  2 18:52:14 (none) user.notice root: Saving ubiboot log files
If the kernel location was wrong, if there was a typo in the kernel string or if a partition was unmounted then the line "user.notice root: kexec_load() successful" would read as something else.

Also, as the Nitdroid OS boots with the Nitdroid kernel, then Harmattan should also boot with any of the standard kernels, because this way we KNOW that the modules for at least the kernel zImage.pr13 are present and all of those kernels use the same 2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301 modules.

No, this is something else now.

I can see that your HWREV is 1507, and there are some mixed results with that device.
Valdur55 and Hurrian have 16G/black devices with same HWREV, and at least Hurrian cannot boot L2fixed kernel, but others are OK. I cannot remember for sure how it was with Valdur55's device, did he have some problems with Harmattan also.

What is your variant, is it 16/64G and what color?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Sorry, I was scrolling through these huge listings on N9 only.
And I just did see this
Jun 2 18:59:25 (none) user.notice root: Selecting Nitdroid OS, running kernel /boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage.pr13
Jun 2 18:59:27 (none) user.notice root: kexec_load() returned 1
Jun 2 18:59:27 (none) user.notice root: Boot OS/kernel selection failed
Jun 2 18:59:27 (none) user.notice root: Saving ubiboot log files
And this told me smth wrong. Or?

But okay I am keeping my fingers still now

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
/boot/Nitdroid/boot ?
why not
/boot/Harmattan/boot ?