Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
/boot/Nitdroid/boot ?
why not
/boot/Harmattan/boot ?
That's because of the partition configurability support, for example if you want to have your Nitdroid on mmcblk0p5.
Of course, as long as your Nitdroid is on same partition as your Harmattan, also "/boot/Harmattan/boot" works for both

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
About modules you do not need to care, if you do not know.
ok

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Simple question: where did you put the harmattan kernels (when under harmattan OS itself)? Hopefully directly under '/boot' directory?
To me it looks like it just does not find specified kernel. Or just a typo in image names (not really, as it seems
same for all harmattan kernels).
Another question: Nitdroid starts? As that kernel is located in same directory.
after i read the README once again and sleep tonight, i put the kernels under harmattan /boot.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What is your variant, is it 16/64G and what color?
RM-696 NDT Vietnam Black 16gb
059J661

now boot into Nitdroid/Nemo. And Harmattan sometimes?! min. 3 starts i need to really boot up. I will check in a few days.

many thanks in advance

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
recently i had same issue with booting Harmattan.

if no actions after selecting Harmattan - it can boot or can not boot. 1/3, or so.
but! if i touching screen repeatedly after selecting harmattan - it booting fine always!

there is some extra hw input watchdog, i think.
but it very nice to see when phone need to be touched for boot. it need more care and love

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Somehow, my phone can't boot anymore

I wanted to flash the kernel, but I forget to turn off the lock code.
But now, it just shows the Nokia logo, and turn it self off.
After just pressing the power button once, the phone turns on again, shows the nokia logo, and turns off again after like 5-7 seconds.

What should I do (to save the data at least)?

flashing the original kernel didn't solve the problem:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.img --flash-only=kernel
Edit:
meh, to preserve data... I've flashed with:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin
it booted fine again after that...
I really dont know why I couldnt boot anymore after trying to flash :/

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-06-03 at 23:54.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Somehow, my phone can't boot anymore

I wanted to flash the kernel, but I forget to turn off the lock code.
But now, it just shows the Nokia logo, and turn it self off.
After just pressing the power button once, the phone turns on again, shows the nokia logo, and turns off again after like 5-7 seconds.

What should I do (to save the data at least)?

flashing the original kernel didn't solve the problem:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.img --flash-only=kernel
Edit:
meh, to preserve data... I've flashed with:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin
it booted fine again after that...
I really dont know why I couldnt boot anymore after trying to flash :/
About the lock code, if it's enabled it should not even try to flash any open mode kernel, the flasher will refuse to do it at some point during the flashing and the device should be left in a normally bootable state... however just as everything even that can go wrong and the device left in boot loop...

So, you did manage to boot it after all, OK?

I am just a bit confused but I guess you had the problem first but now it's fixed.
Sometimes it happens that the device goes in a state it will not really boot correctly, but most often that can be solved by forcing it down with 8s press to the power button and then reflashing.

About the ubiboot versions you asked on IRC; nowdays it's strongly suggested that you use ubiboot-02.
if you do not know why you should use ubiboot-01, do not use it. version 02 is better, and I am no longer supporting 01.
Version 01 has some problems that possibly CAN brick your device to FOREVER. It has happened just once AFAIK but even once is enough, and for that reason version 02 was done.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MAX9 View Post
RM-696 NDT Vietnam Black 16gb 059J661

now boot into Nitdroid/Nemo. And Harmattan sometimes?! min. 3 starts i need to really boot up. I will check in a few days.

many thanks in advance
Do you have some tweaks active on your device, like fasterN9, overclocking etc...?

Harmattan bootup procedure is fairly fragile, and there are tweaks that when used together might have an undesirable end result.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
if no actions after selecting Harmattan - it can boot or can not boot. 1/3, or so.
but! if i touching screen repeatedly after selecting harmattan - it booting fine always!

there is some extra hw input watchdog, i think.
but it very nice to see when phone need to be touched for boot. it need more care and love
That's really cute

What I have found up to now, at least with 1603 which is the most troublesome revision, the problem really is not the watchdog, the doggy is just the thing that will cause the phone to boot but the root cause is the fact that DSME stops feeding the watchdog.

I made a preinit script that forces the watchdog to be kept happy no matter what, and then the phone does not reboot but it will have massive problems accessing the HW, as DSME does not get connection to battery status and shuts itself down. When that happens the device does not go to normal operation mode, but you can ssh into it and check what's going on there.

coderus, what's the variant, model/color and HWREV of your device?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
About the lock code, if it's enabled it should not even try to flash any open mode kernel, the flasher will refuse to do it at some point during the flashing and the device should be left in a normally bootable state... however just as everything even that can go wrong and the device left in boot loop...

So, you did manage to boot it after all, OK?

I am just a bit confused but I guess you had the problem first but now it's fixed.
Sometimes it happens that the device goes in a state it will not really boot correctly, but most often that can be solved by forcing it down with 8s press to the power button and then reflashing.

About the ubiboot versions you asked on IRC; nowdays it's strongly suggested that you use ubiboot-02.
if you do not know why you should use ubiboot-01, do not use it. version 02 is better, and I am no longer supporting 01.
Version 01 has some problems that possibly CAN brick your device to FOREVER. It has happened just once AFAIK but even once is enough, and for that reason version 02 was done.
The boot files were messed up somehow I guess, 8 seconds power button didn't work.
But after flashing the device, it booted, backup up my files, than did a total flash with emmc

Released ubiboot-02 (integrated) version, rev. 0.3.3.
  • Fixed problems booting Harmattan on HW revision 1603 devices.
Get it fresh from HERE
See the README file
See the Changelog

If you have installed/downloaded the previous release 0.3.2, you need only update the new kernel to your device as the configuration file and cpio are compatible with previous release.
You can find the correct kernel image here

The files are also uploaded at Skeiron, for your convenience:
ubiboot-02_040613.tar
zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_040613

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-06-04 at 09:29. Reason: corrected typo

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
Do you have some tweaks active on your device, like fasterN9, overclocking etc...?
Yes, overclock and many tweaks....but:

I flash my device with your new kernel image, now, 6 starts with 6x boot into Harmattan

The Following User Says Thank You to MAX9 For This Useful Post: