Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's typical Nokia fashion. Announce, then release a quarter or two later. I'm sure once it's released though, it'll actually do quite well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It's typical Nokia fashion. Announce, then release a quarter or two later. I'm sure once it's released though, it'll actually do quite well.
Not for long IMO. iPhone 5 will eclipse its release. Since other folks may prefer to buy a well known iPhone instead of N9 (unforunately) . But I wish that won't happen,although it may will.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Not for long IMO. iPhone 5 will eclipse its release. Since other folks may prefer to buy a well known iPhone instead of N9 (unforunately) . But I wish that won't happen,although it may will.
it will kill sea ray sales too, which its probably going to do bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
What?? Surely you jest! SURELY, despite numbers to the contrary since its release, the Windows Phone 7 phones running Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 "Windows" for phone handsets will phone pants down--I mean, WIN pants down! I mean hands down! I'm SURE we won't go bluescreen of death in the face waiting for it to surely bring Nokia back from its downward bends... er trends!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Yep, certainly doesn't look like Elop's much touted change from:
Announce horridly late, & release horridly late
To a more Apple-esque:
Announce within a decent time-frame, & then release within 1mth worldwide

Unless he doesn't care about making that applicable to the N9, wouldn't surprise me
Probably more so that senior management hasn't had time to make that a reality for the N9.
But I want to believe the conspiracies, I hate Elop, and very soon Nokia!
And then my conversion to the "hate side" along w/dan & gerbick will be complete, muahahaha! jk

Originally Posted by govprog View Post
You're absolutely right IMO....
They're screwed if it's not out in all major markets at least 1mth before the iP5.
Complete with extremely heavy marketing (which won't happen).

Avg. consumer/salesperson will go:
"Hmm, nice phone that seems as good as the iPhone4, even better in some ways...
But I've never heard of it, & the iP5's coming very soon, think I'll stick to what I know"

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
Yup, I hope it obliterates Searay sales. Errm maybe not....
I want Nokia to get strong again before they consider investing heavily in a Linux-based phone again.
Then again if they're too successful with WP, they'll probably never want to risk devising a high-end OS again

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-11 at 10:56.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You're absolutely right IMO....
They're screwed if it's not out in all major markets at least 1mth before the iP5.
Complete with extremely heavy marketing (which won't happen).
The iPhone is saturated. The 3gs is still selling, and the 4 has a long way before reaching the numbers of the 3gs. The 5 will only push down prices of the 3gs and the 4, and that may be bad enough (for Nokia), but it does nothing wrt early adopters. There is nothing new and fresh about the iPhone anymore, and the 5 is only yet another re-iteration of the old.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
That's all the iphone will ever be. Everyone should know iphones strategy by now. They slowly implement features one by one instead of releasing a phone with all of them at once. I for one hate Apple.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
The iPhone is saturated. The 3gs is still selling, and the 4 has a long way before reaching the numbers of the 3gs. The 5 will only push down prices of the 3gs and the 4, and that may be bad enough (for Nokia), but it does nothing wrt early adopters. There is nothing new and fresh about the iPhone anymore, and the 5 is only yet another re-iteration of the old.

we dont know that until iphone5 is released. I am sure it will have hdmi as an example.

and that is one of the most stupid thing about n9 why the **** is this not included?

that could be a good sell argument. even E7 has it

I guess there was some stupid people behind this I am sure they could include it and even that it is on the board but not included in the endline cause then it would be better than upcoming WPsuckphone

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-07-11 at 12:36.

-X7 looks way better
-No real keyboard
-Doesn't look handier then maemo

I'm not convinced. I usually change phones every 2 years, but I'm guessing I'll have to use the n900 a bit longer, even though my screen is scratched pretty badly and my lock button lost its grip..

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
we dont know that until iphone5 is released. I am sure it will have hdmi as an example.
It will be able to to play 1080 certainly, but it wont have HDMI out just as certainly.
It will have the norm ipod/ipad/iphone connector where you will need to buy the 39 euros AV adapter to get that direct HDMI out.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????