Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Has anyone tried using a BT Keyboard with the N9? Would be interested in hearing feedback on that. Thanks ahead of time.

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Ok. Pulseaudio itself didn't die in N900 bug but just stopped wasting cpu when tonegend process was killed. But if this was the case I'm sure you'd noticed it already. Most probably this is not the same bug.

It was worth a try and thanks for testing it still.
After "killall tonegend" CPU time for pulseaudio is still 25-35% (usr/bin/pulseaudio --system --high-priorit)

The Following User Says Thank You to hannul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pulzar View Post
I don't seem to be able to edit any of the photos I've taken with the N9. Once synced to my pc via Nokia link, all the photos give the same error when trying to rotate them or do any other kind of editing. It says, and this is a translation from finnish, This picture cannot be saved because there is an error in the picture properties. What to do?

Edit: I found out that the error code is Error 0x80070057 and the only fix i could find is to install a windows update: System Update Readiness Tool.

I will install this update and lets see what happens.

edit2: Nope, that didn't help.
Yes, I have the same issue. I transferred the photos using windows protocols, will and test via Nokia Link to see what's the outcome.

Annoying!!

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Does anyone else have problems with updating the feeds?

For some reason the feeds update only 1 or 2 of times after the phone is booted. After that, the automatic updating does not work. Forced update does not work either. I need to boot my N9 to make the feeds to update again.

This applies to both announcement screen and feeds application. Any ideas?

You may try this:

Go to Settings>Applications>Feeds>Auto-update interval

and try changing time.. it gives you an option from 10 minutes to 24 hours.

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Nokia haters review is up:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/22/nokia-n9-review/
F**king idiot reviewer.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i thought that review was good

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GunsNRoses View Post
F**king idiot reviewer.
"Still, it's a shame about the software, because given the choice, we'd pick MeeGo over Mango"

"the N9 delivers a double punch with gorgeous hardware and brilliant software."

What are you talking about, the guy thinks its great

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Philadelphia
Hey Folks - it's great to be back on Maemo.org! I've owned a Nokia N810, N900, and JUST got my N9 - so here I am back reading endless threads - and enjoying it. =)

So, here is my issue - I LOVE the N9 hardware. I want to swap out my SIM from my Windows Phone into the N9 and never look back. However, I've been using the phone on a wifi connection for a few days and am not sure if I can make this my everyday phone. I have some pretty significant lag and general bugs and want to see if my experiences are normal or rare.

One major bug is the Facebook app. It is slow as molasses and crashes every time I try to use it.

The lagginess is general throughout the system - sometimes swipes aren't recognized or they lag. The whole thing doesn't feel solid - like it's teetering on the edge of crashing sometimes.

I [U]really[U] want this to be my everday phone. Do I have a dud? Are some of you able to fly around the system with zero lag or crashes? I need this to be as fluid as my current Windows Phone - or what is the point of switching? I don't care about the lack of apps, I just need email (threaded emails would be AWESOME), calendar, contacts, and a decent web-browser (bookmarks would AWESOME) and I am happy.

I am curious about your experiences - will the phone feel any different if it is on a network? it'll be a bit of a pain to go the TMobile store and order a microsim, use the phone for a few day, and then have to go back and get a full-size sim for my windows phone if I don't like the N9.

Any advice, help, etc would be appreciated!

Last edited by longcipher; 2011-10-30 at 17:28.