Notices

Is Plant vs Zombie can be possibly installed on n900?

I'm not sure if it can be ported without breaching licensing issues since you have to purchase the game, but a substitute might be able to be developed instead if a developer wouldn't mind working on one

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I am also interested but seems to be nothing come up with the request lol.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
any tower defence would be awesome

It's not often the stuff i type is helpful/useful so say thanks if it is

I thought the game was written in flash. Most pop-cap games are, which is what makes porting them around so easy.

I could be wrong tho.

Love that game

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
I thought the game was written in flash. Most pop-cap games are, which is what makes porting them around so easy.

I could be wrong tho.
You are correct. It based on Flash code but you got to remember this, the game is licensed and commercially written with quality control. Therefore porting such code will only creating you problems with the copy righted law (if you the porter) and end up with a lawsuite but the game is a closed source which impossible to port unless you have the source.

The only way is to implementing it from scratch and that takes a lot of efforts.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Don't know if it was written in Flash, but it plays on iPads, which makes me doubt it's the only form that game has.

Ummm... you're probably best off seeing if you can get a Linux-ARM build version of the game from the developers. Like, you should be able to install the desktop version of Osmos if you pay for the desktop version on the N900, assuming they can give you armel binaries as well as x86 ones.

But really, if it would work, it still wouldn't actually be legal to distribute it, I suspect.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Don't know if it was written in Flash, but it plays on iPads, which makes me doubt it's the only form that game has.
Via the Adobe Flash CS5 IDE, you can output your code/application to iPhone. A small tweak, and you're publishing for the iPad as well.

That was what sparked that whole change to the iOS terms of programming that eventually got reversed.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
try flashlauncher I couldnt get plants vs zombies working but other tower games deffinatly work.