Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Low-end Tizen phone from Samsung spotted while undergoing certification for FCC:

http://mysamsungphones.com/dual-sim-...ed-by-the-fcc/

More details about Tizen-based Samsung SM-Z130H leak

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Fresh screenshots reveal a fresh new look of Tizen 2.3 UX
http://tizenindonesia.blogspot.nl/20...tizen.html?m=1
But why Samsung is making such a low end phone when even a cheap Android boasts better hardware ?
Less than 1 gb RAM > BAD ! RAM is so expansive ?
No 8 mp camera > Deal breaker for many
Low screen resolution> Another deal breaking factor.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I like the new layout. Yes, it's a bit garish and Fischer Price, but at least it looks fairly traditional (not unlike the mess that Android 5.0 has become).

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
But why Samsung is making such a low end phone when even a cheap Android boasts better hardware ?
Less than 1 gb RAM > BAD ! RAM is so expansive ?
No 8 mp camera > Deal breaker for many
Low screen resolution> Another deal breaking factor.
I think it shows what Samsung is thinking of Tizen on phones. They don't seem to care much about it. Samsung has Android on phones and no intention of changing that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
it is 4" right? So 480x800 isn't much worse than what jolla have. Or some other cheap 5" phones out there.
512 MB RAM is twice as much that N900 have and I still use it and it is still usable. And it can multitask with 256MB.
Camera was never a dealbreaker for me.

I don 't know, it all comes down to price at the end. Give me that one for a 100€ and I'm willing to try it. But I'm not sure that I would give 5 or 6 hundred for a top notch HW just to try tizen.
After all, powerfull HW with crappy SW is still crap. I have 2013 Moto G without all that moto/google bloatware and in normal use is much better than galaxy 5 with that terrible touch wizz.

A 100/150 euro priced phone can have more than decent hardware and less then 1 gb RM can make browsing bit crippled same we can guess about gaming experience, Bringing good OS on compromised HW is like Jolla part 2.
And 8 mp camera is almost industry slandered, Gone those days when a 5mp Nokia N82 camera was far superior than today's 5 mp camera phones.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I think it shows what Samsung is thinking of Tizen on phones. They don't seem to care much about it. Samsung has Android on phones and no intention of changing that.
Aye. In my opinion Tizen is Samsung little... dinghy in the very unlikely case that they see stormy clouds coming from Mountain View. And being Samsung, it's not big deal to keep around a pet project like that.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
A 100/150 euro priced phone can have more than decent hardware and less then 1 gb RM can make browsing bit crippled same we can guess about gaming experience, Bringing good OS on compromised HW is like Jolla part 2.
And 8 mp camera is almost industry slandered, Gone those days when a 5mp Nokia N82 camera was far superior than today's 5 mp camera phones.
there's a big difference in % between 100 and 150. For 150€ there is a lot pretty decent HW to choose from. With pretty much certain future support. What that tizen phone does not offer. Yet.
What is compromised HW anyway? If the SW is designed to run good at certain HW then that's it. We can talk about that when it comes to barebones but when the phone is preloaded with SW and it is the only one that will work on it than it is pointless to look at HW itself and comare that to something else. By that logic every city car is compromised because we have hatchbacks which are compromised by bigger and more potent D segment limousines which are compromised........... you get the point. The line has to be drawn somewhere. IMO, jolla only made a mistake with display resolution, not because of the ppi but because of some standards.
When it comes to cameras, give me one with the bigger sensor, don't care about pixels. But since it is very difficult to market actually meaningfull specs it all comes down to stupid meaningless numbers that makes no difference IRL but can be sold to technically uneducated people.

Any idea how well Tizen can multitask?
Do we have any information in how much is closed source?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen