Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
look carefully, it is
Code:
sudo run-standalone.sh sh /opt/....
there is a dot in between
Sorry I did type it right in Xterm if not on the above post however just in case I have re-entered both commands but I still unfortunately hit the same "password" issue.

Last edited by droitwichgas; 2011-03-08 at 21:19.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Malaysia & Indonesia
can u make it save conversation into html or txt format..

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Suggestion: autodownload conversations themes from the Wiki page.
Interesting Idea. let me see what can be done. But, i will think of this only after implementing other features relating to modding of the Nokia conversations app. BTW, I am a bit busy in the next month andd updates maybe a bit slow. Forgive me guys!

Originally Posted by backstabber8 View Post
can u make it save conversation into html or txt format..
This is mostly for modding conversations, and saving as txt/html is IMO not part of that. So, at present, No, i will not be implementing that feature.

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Sorry I did type it right in Xterm if not on the above post however just in case I have re-entered both commands but I still unfortunately hit the same "password" issue.
Ok dude, i have reached the end of my linux knowledge here. Lets ask the maemo gurus for help over here.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Okay, I want you to copy paste this into xterm and tell if it works for you. if so, I will update the modified application soon.

Code:
sh -c 'echo "sh /opt/conversationmodder/changename.sh" | root'

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Okay, I want you to copy paste this into xterm and tell if it works for you. if so, I will update the modified application soon.

Code:
sh -c 'echo "sh /opt/conversationmodder/changename.sh" | root'
Entered as suggested then got a pop uo screen saying "Add a new entry" then a box with " Please enter name" with "Me" already typed in the box. I also have option to hit "cancal" or"OK" buttons, hitting OK just give a name changed screen?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Entered as suggested then got a pop uo screen saying "Add a new entry" then a box with " Please enter name" with "Me" already typed in the box. I also have option to hit "cancal" or"OK" buttons, hitting OK just give a name changed screen?
YUP! SUCCESS! Now check your conversations. Instead of the default 'You:' you will now see 'Me' in messages sent by you. I will now modify my app, and upload it.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

it's not working. how to make it work?

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
cant change my name as well.....

i manage to change my name but theme doesn't work at all.. error file not exist..

YUP! SUCCESS! Now check your conversations. Instead of the default 'You:' you will now see 'Me' in messages sent by you. I will now modify my app, and upload it.
I look forward to using the modified app, thanks for all your time here but hopefulls resolving my issues will help other users of this app and your future apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:

Tags
conversations, modding