Active Topics

Originally Posted by jamar View Post
The n900export program uses standard rtcom-eventlogger api to access SMS messages. It then replaces semicolons with colons in SMS text so it does not interfere with CSV separator, and newline with newline and space, so new lines in SMS text allways starts with space. This is required by Merlin's jollaImport to identify that these lines belongs to the same SMS message.

The Eventlogger's database is located at /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db, it's a SQLite database file, so you can just copy it to your PC and manipulate it as you like.
How does it cope with emoticons in the message? If it's looking for colons, surely something like this :-) will confuse it, won't it?

I've been playing some more and so far all the messages have been declared invalid.

Do you happen to know where the Jolla message database is stored so that I can take a look at that?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
Take a look at README at the Merlin's github repo:
https://github.com/merlin1991/Harmattan-SMS-Boat

There you have described the format of the CSV file, which is needed for the jollaImport to work. It needs to be:
Code:
PhoneNumber;IN/OUT;StartTime;EndTime;SMSText
The format of CSV line from your previous post is obviously way too different and will not work.

Also, if the CSV line has less than 5 columns, it is rejected as Invalid message.

Jolla's communication history database (where SMS messages are stored) is located at:
Code:
/home/nemo/.local/share/commhistory/commhistory.db
But it's not recommended to access this database directly. You should use standard libcommhistory API.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toner_cloud View Post
Having downloaded the GlogArchive program and run that, I had a csv file. I've sent that to my PC and have removed all lines relating to telephone calls.
If you try https://github.com/mjtorn/jolla-morse you shouldn't have to remove any lines; it checks the event type to handle only what's supported

If you decide to try it and have questions, maybe this thread here would be a better place, to not confuse this thread

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by jamar View Post
The n900export program uses standard rtcom-eventlogger api to access SMS messages. It then replaces semicolons with colons in SMS text so it does not interfere with CSV separator,
Actually I did put the messages as the last entry per line in order avoid translating the seperator: import bit, qt docs for section

does anyone have any plans for making jolla-export?
{n9-import would also be nice, but we can just use smsbackuprestore and callbackuprestore for now}

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
{n9-import would also be nice, but we can just use smsbackuprestore and callbackuprestore for now}
Wolke: I take it you mean after altering the output from n9export to the smsbackuprestore format? Easy enough done though, once scratchbox is working...

Last edited by skyjumper; 2014-01-14 at 02:34. Reason: spelling

no not at all. i want to able to export SMS/call from jolla. is there a tool im missing?

i would also, for completeness' sake, like a tool that imports from the same format to the n9, but like you say, its trivial to change the format to smsbackuprestore -restore

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
merlin1991: Is it possible to include social media conversations - FB, Skype with regular sms conversations using n9Export?

Thanks

Last edited by skyjumper; 2014-01-20 at 12:52. Reason: extra info

Hey just wanted to say thank you, imported 11k sms without a problem thanks to you and way faster then the n900->n9 import was...

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
I want to say a big "Thank you !" to merlin1991 and jamar for their tools.

I just exported all my SMS from my N900 and imported them into my brand new Jolla.

As you can see, it was a quite big import :
Code:
[nemo@localhost Documents]$ egrep "IN|OUT" sms.csv | wc -l