Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Guys,

Sorry to disappoint any of you but I just called the Nokia Flagship Store in London and they told me that they are expecting the phone to be out only in December this year as per their internal news.
I even asked them when we could expect a demo model and they said soon but not sure of the date.

I mentioned to them about the different dates we have been seeing on the internet including the Oct12 date on Nokia Germany, but they just said its either rumours or just estimated dates and are not confirmed.

I was really looking forward to this in Oct, just downloaded the SDK and was all go to start my development on the maemo platform........sigh.....

I just hope the lady on the phone was just giving her understanding of the news and not the official answer from Nokia !

Anyways this doesnt change anything for me, coz the phone is worth the wait, and I hope Nokia is taking this time to iron out every little crease so we dont have another N97.

Last edited by krk969; 2009-09-15 at 14:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
I seriously doubt the December time frame. In almost every interview the ETA was October. Now a little slippage either way I can see but two months?
I have my doubts that they would have THAT many flaws in the phone.

That being said the Nokia Flagship store in NY gave me a very terse "No release date set"

Last edited by Bratag; 2009-09-15 at 14:24.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ León, Spain
On the Spain shop there isn't a ship date, but on the phone they told me that it will probably be the first week of October.

I'm not sure how reliable this site is, but...
http://thenokiablog.com/2009/09/14/n...eptember-27th/

Here is the important first line - "Mark your calendars for September 27th. Nokia has given one of its major distributors in the United States the estimated date for the Nokia N900."

Last edited by dannyo; 2009-09-15 at 22:42.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Lincolnshire, UK
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but the earlier mention of 'localization' for different countries has got me thinking.
With Nokias S60 handsets, when a new firmware is released, it comes out at different times for different product codes / countries.
Does the same apply to their tablets? Or with maemo is there just one release for everyone?
Thanks.

Just one release on the previous maemo versions. maemo5 is probably the same.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
But the KB layout is different for example nordic countries.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
Guys,
Sorry to disappoint any of you but I just called the Nokia Flagship Store in London and they told me that they are expecting the phone to be out only in December this year as per their internal news.
Yeah this is the same store that I went to a year ago and they didn't even know the n800/n810 existed....
So I would take what they said with an extremely LARGE pinch of salt

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deadmalc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Yeah this is the same store that I went to a year ago and they didn't even know the n800/n810 existed....
So I would take what they said with an extremely LARGE pinch of salt
lmao, i don't know how flagship stores work but if its anything like T-mobile i would say the same thing. We get our information 80% Internet 20% he-she say lol (until the product is being released like a week before then it becomes official).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykenyc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
glad to hear that mykenyc, deadmalc.
Thats what I want to believe ! ;-)