Active Topics

Notices

I wrote this on the 'testing' page but it got a bit wordy!

I connected the mouse to the N900 just fine via usb. I am obviuously using PK v0.46 and h-e-n. I have not tested this with a BT mouse.

The module still needs a little work but it does allow a mouse to be used in place of a stylus or finger as a means of interacting with Maemo and application software. Good job. Thank you.

The main faults I found were:
- not operational with all software, including fennec 4. I don't know enough to suggest much here, sorry, but I see from your comments in the package page that there's a problem with Qt and GKT. Is there something that could be included in a forthcoming CSSU that could force the pointer out of blank?

- cursor does not go when mouse is unplugged. Might it be possible to have either a widget that runs a killall script or something similar to Easy Debian's button to close LXDE? These ideas plaster over the problem rather than solve it but the pointer would go when the mouse disconnects.
Enhancement(sj are obviuosly to get centre and right buttons and scroll working. All in good time though!

@freemangordon: Just a suggestion, I think you should put a note in the description at the top to say something along the lines of "To use USB input devices, additional modules are required. BT devices will work immediately.". Incidentally, there seems to be ground being made on the kernel front so future versions may evolve from devel yet!

I think if this, your kb app (still to test) and printing can be properly incorporated into this device, the days of my desktop are very limited!

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
"enable Extras Development repository and install Mouse Support if using Application Manager. If using CLI package name is extmou."...so i found mouse support..installed it.ran HEN..enumerate...the mouse cursor dint appear..(uninstalled bit hid scripts b4 installing mouse support ..i hab been trying i for over a week now...pendrive connects but y no usb mouse?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
"enable Extras Development repository and install Mouse Support if using Application Manager. If using CLI package name is extmou."...so i found mouse support..installed it.ran HEN..enumerate...the mouse cursor dint appear..(uninstalled bit hid scripts b4 installing mouse support ..i hab been trying i for over a week now...pendrive connects but y no usb mouse?
Seems you have problem connecting you mouse to n900. Did you try to use full/low speed hostmode? Did you try different mouse?

Anyway it is better to continue this conversation on some of HEN threads, as I do not see problem with extmou. And please provide dmesg log as adviced.

In some point of discussion She mentioned that mouse worked for a second, then stopped. That's why i told her that it may be worth to ask here. Nevertheless, no chance of help without correct debug info, cause now I'm confused if She is actually stuck on enumerating process, or her mouse isn't accepted by extmou.

so, as freemangordon said, provide dmesg logs that i asked for and please stay with this problem in one thread, unless there will be 100% conclusion that problem belongs to another one.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Lima, Peru
Hi freemangordon. Maybe that Genius Micro Traveler 900BT Super Mini Bluettoth have a problem. Only pair ok, show cursor but not work in my N900. Please I need your help.

Last edited by emotion; 2011-08-24 at 16:33.

After extensive testing, I got some issue to report. Sometimes, extmou "lock" in cursor enabled mode, no matter what. enumerating in H-E-N doesn't help, and I'm quite sure it's not a H-E-N problem, because I got extmou pop-up communicate "disconnected <name_of_device_here>" (or something like that).

The funniest thing is that - quite opposite to what is written in first page - most of the times, H-E-N recognize properly, when device is disconnected by removing it physically - extmou also get this info, and disconnect properly + turn cursor mode off. But, when something gets "stuck", there is no other way than reboot (or disabling cursor via xterm - BTW, freemangordon, which is preffered method to disable such stuck cursor? Some .sh script from extmou - invoked manually via xterm - or editing some gconf2 setting?)

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cube48 View Post
Thanks a lot for mouse support!
I can report that my USB ThinkPad keyboard with TrackPoint works flawlessly.
It needed just one reboot after installing extmou to detect the TrackPoint correctly.
Keyboard itself was detected nicely by extkbd. I set the layout to Generic 102-key (Intl) PC.
You would help me a lot, if you could guide me to get this keybd working! I am trying for weeks already

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Lima, Peru
Hi freemangordon. I had to buy other bluetooth mouse, after to paring I had stoped cursor movements, so finally I install kerner v48. After uninstall and install extmou, restarted and works flawlessly. Now I'm happy with my bluetooth mouse. Thanks.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Indonesia
i'm reporting, my A4Tech wireless mouse (not BT mouse) work flawessly

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
How did you get it to work if it's not BT? Using the associated USB dongle?

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post: