This can't be a new issue, however I was unable to find reference to it in the forums. I'm watching a video that's an hour and a half long using MPlayer and am unable to skip ahead quickly. According to this page and this page, you press D-Pad left and right to skip forward a little and D-Pad up and down to skip forward a lot. However, I am encountering bizarre behaviors here, as if these keys are trying to do their job but something else is fighting with them and overruling them. For example:
  • If I press D-Pad down within the first minute of the video, it jumps ahead a second or two. Yes, ahead. After the first minute, it jumps back 1 minute as I expect it to do.
  • If I press D-Pad up, I expect it to jump ahead one minute. The progress bar leaps ahead (1 minute I assume) but the video only jumps a second or two ahead. The number display flickers. If I hold down D-Pad up I can get the progress bar to the end even though the video is not yet at the end.
  • If I press D-Pad right or left, it jumps ahead or behind a second or two, respectively.
  • If I press menu and then D-Pad right (for "Fast Seek"), it skips ahead a second or two (not the 10 min suggested by the menu item). If I hold down D-Pad right, the number display flickers between the current position and some mythical position later position.

Is anyone else getting this behavior? Is this just a bug or is there a fix?

Maybe this?

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=54&atid=269

(It was a flv.)

It looks like we need to have a new mplayer compiled for Maemo4 to solve this problem. Any volunteers?

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, mplayer