Notices

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ New York
Thanks Bun!

The Following User Says Thank You to ltrinh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
...Kudos.

BTW, how do I promote a listing to the "favorites" directory so it is accessible quickly when KMP is reopened?
On full screen, click right upper conner to bring up the menuBar, and click the green star will add the playing channel to your fav list. Fav list stays with upgrade. and one can open the fav on the window menu by clicking the green fav button.

double tap the screen switch between window and full screen.

Hope this helps.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know why France 24 (English and French) no longer work? I copied:
mms://live.france24.com/france24_en.wsx from WorldTV99 to mplayer and Media Player and it simply isn't at that address any more. It's on the air 24/7 on Livestation and its webpages. Many French addresses seem to be dead, now.

The Following User Says Thank You to w4csc For This Useful Post:
Thanks.

Just checked,
France BFMTV, Labelle TV, Telenight.com are working, the rest of the France channels are not. Will check again, if dead, will then remove.

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Thanks.

Just checked,
France BFMTV, Labelle TV, Telenight.com are working, the rest of the France channels are not. Will check again, if dead, will then remove.

bun
Thanks, Bun. There are a couple of dead Russians, too, I've never been able to get to run. Something queer is going on with some that ran fine before the latest Mplayer/KMplayer upgrades. Case in point, load up Mir TV, the 4th one down on the Russian list. It runs only sound now on both my N800 Diablos at 300K. The picture blinks once, then goes blank playing only sound. If I copy:
mms://213.232.226.11/MIRTV_300
and paste it into GMPLauncher, it crashes GMPLauncher loading Mplayer to render it. Something on Mplayer must be at fault from this. Once it tries to load Mplayer, GMPLauncher no longer responds locked up.

Still Russian, TV+ is dead. Special Radio finds something and boots the name of what it should play, but then bombs and goes to TV SME, which is dead and skips to Vesti 24 which plays. Russia Today, the most important of this group, plays great!

Is there a place to report dead links for investigation and updated links for your perusal and incorporation in?

Thanks for a great product
Larry

Larry: thanks for the post. I will look into it. You are at the highest level in reporting dead links . Thanks again,

bun

I think it is last August or September, some member posted some internet TV links for cars, mainly BMW and MerzBenz etc, they are very hi quality and plays well on the tablet, I added to the WorldTV99, and somewhere along upgrades, they got lost. Does anybody remember the links? Or new ones about cars? thanks,

Edit: dont worry, I found the BMW site. Other sites are welcome.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-01-11 at 18:34.

I updated to this new version, but when I try to view some of the channels I get a short buffering window and then it goes on to the next entry without playing it. This continues to the end of a sub list. And randomly kmplayer just disappears. Some programs will play, others will not. Sometimes I get stutter sound and sometimes a I get no picture. So far this doesn't seem to be particularly useful. It behaves slightly better with the osso media player than with mplayer. How are people able to make this work? It appears to be interesting, but so little works that I can't tell.

Originally Posted by dwforslund View Post
...when I try to view some of the channels I get a short buffering window and then it goes on to the next entry without playing it.
That means the streaming format is NOT available for that player, usually switch to the other player will work.
...Sometimes I get stutter sound and sometimes a I get no picture. So far this doesn't seem to be particularly useful. It behaves slightly better with the osso media player than with mplayer. How are people able to make this work? It appears to be interesting, but so little works that I can't tell.
Whenever it works good, add to your favorite and plays from your favorite list most of the time. Then you get only good channels. When bored, 'wander' out to the worldtv99 to look for new channel.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-01-12 at 13:25.

Sometimes I get stutter sound and sometimes a I get no picture. So far this doesn't seem to be particularly useful. It behaves slightly better with the osso media player than with mplayer. How are people able to make this work? It appears to be interesting, but so little works that I can't tell.
No offense to our benefactor, but lots of the stuttering can be eliminated by unloading the poor CPU load as much as possible.

Pick the channel you want to watch on TV99 and start it playing so the URL of the channel shows up in the KMplayer URL box. Press STOP button on Kmplayer to keep it from booting mplayer. Highlight the URL and copy it from the keyboard. Keep KMplayer running as it clears the clipboard if you dump it.

Now, boot mplayer or media player manually and paste the URL into its playbox. Before pressing PLAY, dump KMplayer/TV99 off the CPU. Dump as much other nonsense as you can, the less running the better. Press PLAY and see if the fast video will render better on the poor little overloaded CPU.

If you install "Load Applet" you can see the CPU meter go to full scale, indicating the CPU has had it while something's running like too-fast streaming. If it goes full, the video will balk for lack of a processor. It's only 400Mhz, ya know

Tags
media, mplayer, tvs