Notices

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Mediabox and MyTube are available in Fremantle extras-devel but they can't be installed due to a common dependency: mplayer.

Anybody thinking of making mplayer available in Fremantle?

And also a question: what about using the Maemo Media Application Framework as a backend?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
AFAIK no one is maintaining currently mplayer after Serge gave up on it. Simple recompile will probably be enough though, maybe the debmaster can do it?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
omapfb won't recognise N900 as valid tablet however. Here's to hoping that next tablet is powerful enough to just survive off xv driver

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
MediaBox is going to use the Maemo Media Application Framework eventually. But it's not there yet. For now, gstreamer might be usable as backend on Fremantle. I'm going to upload a special version for Fremantle without the mplayer dependency.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
omapfb won't recognise N900 as valid tablet however. Here's to hoping that next tablet is powerful enough to just survive off xv driver
How about omap3 ?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I would love to know how the non-optimized desktop version of mplayer performs on the tablet Fremantle device.

Can someone just push a current rc3 build of mplayer from Debian or Ubuntu into Fremantle and get Quim or someone to take it for a test drive?

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I would assume upstream to work out of the box. Would be great if someone at least tried mplayer compilation to see if it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bump! Are there any developers interested in getting mplayer into extras-devel for us?

If not, it looks like we'll have VLC to use as an alternative backend...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Even on n810 the xv backend is now, with, iirc, -dr -vo xv:ck-method=auto almost as fast as omapfb.. Regular mplayer should fare well, and there'd probably be sense in taking a newer version than rc3, as NEON has been getting lots of attention recently-ish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, tried compiling the rc2 port yesterday and it compiles at least.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
mafw, mediabox, mplayer, mytube