Active Topics

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Solved.
Use solution post 1 and/or solution post 2.

Hey.

I have my N9 equipped with ubiboot and stock kernel as well as OpenMode kernel (; also nitdroid and nemo of course).
When I try to configure my SIP account under OpenMode, I always get a 'cannot connect to SIP'. So no chance.
When I configure the same account under stock kernel it works flawlessly. As well as I may place and receive calls.
Trying to connect to this account under OpenMode fails again.

I have no idea what is going on
Anyone out there?

(I have already asked in ubiboot thread, but maybe asking whole community will reveal some more info...)

--edit
it has nothing to do with aegis store and/or account passwords
neither it has to do with my VoIP providers

BUT it seems like loading the OpenMode kernel as 2nd stage kernel (kexec) causes this strange behaviour (to be verified) ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-09-19 at 08:43. Reason: title, added links to solution post(s)

Just noticed that with Inception I also cannto connect to my SIP account.

The Following User Says Thank You to KTy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What, You still have that problem??

I kind of thought it was solved by recreating the password storage files so that open mode keys are used instead of the aegis protected keys...
Why should VOIP behave differently from any other applications is beyound my understanding...

Did you try the method Jonni suggested, flashing device to closed mode and then immediately to open mode without letting it boot in between the flashing operations?
(something like "sudo flasher -f -F firmware.bin -F emmc.bin -R ; sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R" or so...)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hey.

I have my N9 equipped with ubiboot and stock kernel as well as OpenMode kernel.
When I try to configure my SIP account under OpenMode, I always get a 'cannot connect to SIP'. So no chance.
When I configure the same account under stock kernel it works flawlessly. As well as I may place and receive calls.
Trying to connect to this account under OpenMode fails again.

I have no idea what is going on
Anyone out there?

(I have already asked in ubiboot thread, but maybe asking whole community will reveal some more info...)
Which sip provider are you using?

I had to setup like this:
username:
<username>@sip.<providername>.com
password:
<yourpassword>

Originally Posted by KTy View Post
Just noticed that with Inception I also cannto connect to my SIP account.
Mine works just fine with inception.

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-04-29 at 09:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
sipgate.co.uk works on my N9 running PR1.3 openmode

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Guys, call me whatever you like!!!

I just tried HtheB's method with "full" username and I got an error (of course). But now it was "wrong password"? So I got some hope again and recreated that account with same credentials, and I got "wrong username or password".
So there was even more hope and I recreated that account (all under open mode kernel) with my original credentials.
And guess what?

IT WORKS!

I do not get it at all. But who cares?
Thanks for your help.

I tested it in same situation, same network, same everything!
And I did not change anything, so ???

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What, You still have that problem??

I kind of thought it was solved by recreating the password storage files so that open mode keys are used instead of the aegis protected keys...
Yes, still had that problem.
Recreating the password storage helped only for remembering passwords. But not for the SIP problem.

Why should VOIP behave differently from any other applications is beyound my understanding..
Do not know. And probably will never know...

Did you try the method Jonni suggested, flashing device to closed mode and then immediately to open mode without letting it boot in between the flashing operations?
(something like "sudo flasher -f -F firmware.bin -F emmc.bin -R ; sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R" or so...)
Not yet, but was very close doing so. Seems I do not need to set up my device anew now.
But would have done more like that
"sudo flasher -f -F firmware.bin ; sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R"
For sure no reboot between these two flashings (just as info for others).

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Which sip provider are you using?

I had to setup like this:
username:
<username>@sip.<providername>.com
password:
<yourpassword>
A German telephony provider, also giving SIP accounts to registered landline accounts. So no chance to check for others.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Mine works just fine with inception.
Inception will/can/should not have to do anything with SIP, right? (as well as open mode! )

So you see me (nah, not physically ) totally confused now.
But also happy.

Lets see what the next day/boot brings ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-04-29 at 19:53. Reason: typos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
So, here I am again after reboot.
And NON working SIP accounts. :angry:

This is really weird and something totally broken ...

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Well as you didnt flash emmc, then old settings and configs dont get erased, and that behaviour is expected, so its your own fault . If you only flash main.bin then you need to add --erase-user-data=secure. So either:

"sudo flasher -f -F firmware.bin --erase-user-data=secure ; sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R"

or if you also have emmc.bin then:

"sudo flasher -f -F firmware.bin -F emmc.bin; sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R"
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Thanks for joining in here.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
... then old settings and configs dont get erased, and that behaviour is expected,
Really?
All my mail accounts ar working fine now. No problems with passwords or anything.

And what I absolutely do not get is why it worked once and only once. The SIP accounts were created under OpenMode kernel this one time when it worked under OpenMode.
But when I boot up the stock kernel, all accounts (incl. SIP) are working flawlessly.

Here is full preparation sequence:
- flash firmware and eMMC
- boot, set up WiFi, enable devel, get rid of warranty warning, repartitioned (p4 extended , p5 p6, p7), did not set up anything else
- prepared ubifs
- flashed ubiboot kernel

This should bring me to open mode.
Or better would have been (or hopefully is):
before last step, flash once more firmware
- flash firmware and eMMC
- boot, set up WiFi, enable devel, get rid of warranty warning, repartitioned (p4 extended , p5 p6, p7), did not set up anything else
- prepared ubifs
- flash firmware (not booting up)
- flash ubiboot kernel

So I wanted to do right now only
- flash firmware (not booting up)
- flash ubiboot kernel

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Well as you didnt flash emmc, then old settings and configs dont get erased, and that behaviour is expected, so its your own fault . If you only flash main.bin then you need to add --erase-user-data=secure. "
Yeah, okay (or just rm .accounts, .aegis, .activesync ???)
Last time we spoke on irc you told me no need to flash eMMC (or erase user data)?
This will also delete data on MyDocs, right? (so I need to backup?)
And I want to avoid eMMC flash, as this would cause me to do everything (also nit and nemo) again...

But if you can tell me that this SIP problem can be solved by starting all over again, I would do so.

Thanks for your will to help.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
one thing that you could try is to use original openmode kernel, or to use stock kernel. Just in case the kernels would have some differences.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-05-02 at 13:35.