Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
long live Nokia! time to unshackle from the past and go to the future!!
Like I said...good riddance Nokia!! That pathetic offering from Redmond is total junk and they've peaked. The most they'll ever have is maybe 9%...if they're real lucky 10%.
Microsoft cannot compete unless people have no other alternatives...the dustbin of history proves this. Apple came out with the ipod, MS with the Zune. Apple came out with the Iphone, Google with Android and MS with the Kin. Vendors come out with tablets and MS has the Surface. Good grief...it's comical.

Let them have Eflop's Nokia. The half they bought is a total disaster and has been for the past 2 years anyway. They will do nothing with this purchase because MS's problem is they don't come out with things people really want. They create sub par crap and keep on pushing that crap after it's been turned down. They think this is the desktop and they can cram whatever they decide and people will just swallow because they don't know any better.

SB

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
Let them have Eflop's Nokia. The half they bought is a total disaster and has been for the past 2 years anyway. They will do nothing with this purchase because MS's problem is they don't come out with things people really want. They create sub par crap and keep on pushing that crap after it's been turned down. They think this is the desktop and they can cram whatever they decide and people will just swallow because they don't know any better.

SB
Exactly, like Jobs said: "The biggest problem about Microsoft is, that they don't have taste for things" so we can clearly see this in windows 8 pc, it's total failure, it seems to me like unfinished work... and the most sad is that Nokia went on such a low level, and now selling her name to microsoft at so low price...Anyway what nokia need is just a great product something which would shake the world, like Jobs said, the biggest and the best ideas are born in CHAOS, but looks like Nokia does not see this chaos to take it to own advantage... Nokia needs N9-01 and MeeGo 2.0!

Last edited by anzx; 2013-09-04 at 06:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anzx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
so, Microsoft will be responsible for the Store next year? this could become interesting for Maemo/Meego and Symbian users...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
So will Microsoft sell our data to the NSA now...

Will they keep the MeeGo ''Support''till 2015 up or are they planning to destroy MeeGo with future updates?

I am just waiting for Jolla and their second preorder campaign now

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post

Will they keep the MeeGo ''Support''till 2015 up or are they planning to destroy MeeGo with future updates?

I am just waiting for Jolla and their second preorder campaign now
yes, in the next update (one from microsoft) will format our N9 and install windows on it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longcat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Then it will look just like a Lumia.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
And you clearly don't understand why the stock price kept falling despite devices and services doing well. I told you why, and you gave me a run down of who made profit and who didn't. Investors cared mostly about device and service division, and despite profit, the stock kept sliding down. Bursts your Symbian forever bubble.
When Elop announced his WinCE Phone only strategy NOKIA's share price instantly fell and it continued to fall as did their sales, margins, profits and credit rating.

Microsoft has now bought the wreckage Elop created and they didn't even get the real prize - NOKIA's patents.

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Quite possibly so. And the Asha's browser connects to NOKIA's (presumably now Microsoft's) servers never directly to the end point. Even if it appears you are connected via https your data is actually unencrypted on their servers.

I think Jolla have a very good chance of success licensing Sailfish OS in China, Russia, Latin America, the Middle East and probably even Europe. The fact they are not North American is a very big selling point for them.

If they make Sailfish OS completely open source and they offer a good service including handling the integration of carrier services, OTA updates etc... they could have a very appealing package.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
sorry to tell you that PureView patent is now owned by Microsoft, Nokia is done without this patent
As I understand it it's only a slight variation of widely used technique anyway.

What a risky CEO to have.

Elop killed Boston Chicken. He killed Macromedia. He killed Nokia.

I really hope he won't be chosen to be CEO of Microsoft. It will leave the PC market in shambles when he kills Microsoft.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:

Tags
espionage, trojan man