Active Topics

Poll: Are you moving to OS2008 now or waiting for the official release?
Poll Options
Are you moving to OS2008 now or waiting for the official release?

Hey All,

I'm curious about who is moving to OS2008 now using this process or waiting for the official release?

As for me, I'm waiting for the official release.

Last edited by Admira; 2007-11-15 at 05:43. Reason: Change poll

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Of note, it'll installer with flasher 2.0 on OS X, so option 2 should probably be amended.

Hmmmm I can't seem to edit the poll text - I didn't know that though! Hopefully people will get the drift though

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
well, I was keep reading about this since this morning, and couldn't decide exactly what to do (since there were warning posted about the USB bug), then I tought to take a chance and if I brick this I will buy 810 :-)

and nothing happed, it is awesome, and very stable, no crashes so far...

I am glad I choose to upgrade.

I tried to flash but I kept getting the same error so I flashed back to OS2007 for now.

I use my N800 all the time and I need Skype, so I'm staying with OS2007 until the official release. And, even after the release I'll probably wait to read the comments here to be sure everything works that I need. I'm new to Ubuntu and Internet Tablets. I'll never upgrade past Windows 2000 on my CPU. Unfortunately, some programs for my business require it.

But, I think what I've seen this community do is amazing. Thank you for sharing it here.

I'm using now the OS2008 but it is that N810 version so I don't see why to move at this moment to OS2008 because there is very number of applications for OS2008. Some functions doesn't work on N800 fully so I'm also reverting back to OS2007 soon. It's quite nice this OS2008 still.

The Following User Says Thank You to markku For This Useful Post:
I've personally had enough problems with the "official" releases to keep me from even considering installing something beta-ish. Add to that the fact that barely anything is ported yet.

Have fun, and let us know how you like things, you brave, hacker souls.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordFu For This Useful Post:
other than the lack of ported apps, it is great. 2008 runs like a dream....faster and more aesthetically pleasing for sure.

Google Calendar now works, which is a biggie for me.

Thr install was seamless, once I got ubuntu running. And as a side note, ubuntu is great! It had been a couple years since I tried Linux and the guis have sure improved.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
I was a little nervous about it and in hindsight it required a bit of doing, but it was actually fun! It's one of the reasons I got and continue to enjoy the IT.

Sure, there are not many apps that have been ported yet, but what I've seen so far is much faster and easier to use. I'm really looking forward to the flood of 08 apps...thanks in advance to all the developers who have been and are still working hard to port their apps to the new OS!

Tests with the browser now prove, to me anyway, that this is much better. Gmail, which used to take up to a minute to load fully, just loaded in 10 seconds, which is a truly noticable difference. Also, Google reader and docs, which were both notoriously slow, have just loaded in the same amount of time! Awesome!

Last edited by Greyghost; 2007-11-15 at 15:45.