Active Topics

Yo! A little tip for N810 owners who installed (or want to install) KDE on their tablets.

By default, the keyboard will only give you lowercase letters and a few symbols. But, if you open up a console and run:

hildon-input-method
The keyboard will work like normal. Keep that terminal window open and continue on using you keyboard in every app

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
Yo! A little tip for N810 owners who installed (or want to install) KDE on their tablets.

By default, the keyboard will only give you lowercase letters and a few symbols. But, if you open up a console and run:

The keyboard will work like normal. Keep that terminal window open and continue on using you keyboard in every app
does running

/etc/osso-af-init/keyboard.sh start

fix the issue? without having to leave anything open. Sorry still no 810 to play with. Can't wait to fix all your problems
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
So you did you see my post on activating Sticky Keys in the KDE settings thread? It's #2 on my list.

All you have to do is go into Regional & Accessibility in Control Center tap on the Accessibility then open the Modifier Keys tab. Check the boxes for Use Sticky Keys and Lock sticky keys (if you want Fn to stay active after 2 presses). This was you don't have to keep anything open. Lock sticky keys doesn't for some reason lock the Shift key after 2 presses though. Haven't figured out why.

The Following User Says Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
Playing with my spanking new n810.

KDE is half loaded right now,

It seems to fast to me on the n800, the 810 seems like its taking forever.

I thinks its just my anticipation!!! Not really timing anything

Load faster, faster I say !!!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Playing with my spanking new n810.
Woo Hoo! Congrats PB!

Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
Woo Hoo! Congrats PB!

Thanks,

OK, so The way I see it is we need a tab key, a pipe, and a right mouse click, am I missing something?

EDIT
Well I got two out of three, I am sure you can guess which two

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-01-18 at 02:03.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
FWIW, I used xmodmap to map Tab to the Chr key on the keyboard. Only downside is that I have to run xmodmap every time I login. I have to use my BT keyboard for the pipe.

I really need right click now too... I was a dork and while checking out the 'Lock Panel' thing - I accidently locked my panel I need to figure out VNC or I need a right click. On a side note, I amazed that only way to unlock the panel is a right click.

So, yes please, please those things would be great!

Also, Yay!! Penquinbait, congrats on the arrival of your new N810. Just don't logout, then you won't have to wait for it to load

Last edited by PinCushionQueen; 2008-01-18 at 04:08.

Well my friends, less than 24 hours

Using xmodmap, I mapped a hardware key to "|"
Using xmodmap, I mapped a hardware key to "Tab"

USING xmodmap I NOW HAVE RIGHT CLICK........

I made a shortcut, in KDE, I use hardware keyboard, (CONTROL-Z) turrns on and off right click.

I can move the shortcut around, BUT IT WORKS, maybe a little clunky but it works

Oh I am so excited, I will be adding this to the update

It was oh so simple, after banging my head into a wall for hours, it was staring me in the face the whole time.

God, I want to take this moment to thank Linus Torvalds, I love linux....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
export CHANGE=`/usr/bin/xmodmap -pp | awk '{print $2}' | tail -n 33 | head -n 1`
if test 3 = $CHANGE
then
/usr/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3"
else
/usr/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"
fi

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-01-18 at 05:31.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, xmodmap