Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I cant seem to find any radio stations that will work with canola , can anyone reccomend a site that will let use the add feature of canola tuning , im wanting genres such as 80's , metal , current pop etc.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Well just making sure...... Use .pls extension to your radio url's if you havent yet done that. Or you can go to shoutcast.com

The Following User Says Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
shoucast is where i just tried , so you are saying that when i type in the url of the stream i want , just add.pls at the end?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Yeah. I tried that and it worked

just tried it and it didnt work. saved the stream i want in built in media player and just looked at the url from that to type it in... is there another way i should be doing it?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
well, search for the correct .pls on the browser, and just click it (if you have canola tuning ) it will appear the dialog to add to canola, choose internet radio and that's it .

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

i couldnt find anything on shoutcast to click using canola tuning... if its any help im trying to get ".977 The 80's Channel" for one of them.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi munky I use to click on the yellow tune now button.. it redirects you to a pls file that get's caught by the app. Can you try this, or didn't work for you?
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

when i click on it it just starts media player then starts playing.

I'm not sure if it has already been reported but I have issues with some playlist URLs in Canola. For instance, the following feed works in Media Player, but it doesn't in Canola (I get "URL is no feed: pls" whenever I try to add it):
http://www.dance.fm/mp3.pls
Probably the playlist couldn't be parsed because it doesn't have the expected tags/properties in its description?
While Shoutcast feeds work great, it would be nice to get song information during streaming (I know it has already been reported/suggested, but this feature would make a big difference).
Thanks for the great work!