Active Topics

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Hello all. I am looking for some case that can fit the N800, a pair of earbuds, charger and perhaps a iGo bluetooth keyboard. Can somebody give me some suggestions for a nice looking case that can fit all of this.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hamburg, Germany
You certainly will laugh like hell if i tell you this, but i bought me the
Maxpedition Jumbo Pack AND IT ROCKS!
In my opinion this is THE best bag you can have for urban surviving!

It has many pockets but best of all it also has a special place to put
a bottle into it.

This is what i carey in it: my portemonaie, two handies, 1 DJ headphone,
1 Blackbook for my ideas, several pens, a case for my ENDORPHINUM stickers
and the list goes on and on.

The good thing: it has a patentet technic that you can "upgrade" it.
This way i added an extern mobile mini-bag and the moste important
thing to survive in the urban jungle: a compass

Here is the product:
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...=0&idproduct=6

And if you search for "maxpedition jumbo" on youtube you even
get a review of it - even with a presentation where you can put
your gun in there! *gg*

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
I don't know about "nice looking", but I have a smallish Samsonite digital camera case that I use to carry those exact items. It looks OK, not super-stylish, but I am sure you can find nicer looking ones.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I guess none of you have had the archetypical Linux experience but me. I have had it many times. I say "it's easy to do this." Then they try it and have a question. "Oh, I guess you don't have x set up. It's easy to set x up. Just ..." And then they have a question. "Oh, I guess you didn't know that you need y" And then... And then...

Many unconfident computer users give up after the second "and then" because they have had this experience so many times. They don't want to go through it again.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I guess none of you have had the archetypical Linux experience but me. I have had it many times. I say "it's easy to do this." Then they try it and have a question. "Oh, I guess you don't have x set up. It's easy to set x up. Just ..." And then they have a question. "Oh, I guess you didn't know that you need y" And then... And then...

Many unconfident computer users give up after the second "and then" because they have had this experience so many times. They don't want to go through it again.
Have no idea what you are talking about !?!?

Originally Posted by Dqkata View Post
Hello all. I am looking for some case that can fit the N800, a pair of earbuds, charger and perhaps a iGo bluetooth keyboard. Can somebody give me some suggestions for a nice looking case that can fit all of this.
I was looking for exactly the same thing when I found one of these on a shelf at Circuit City:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kodak...oductDetail.do

You can find them for less on the net with a little searching.

This bag fits the N800, an iGo Stowaway keyboard, two Tekkeon MP1550 4xAA power supply's (12-20 hours battery life), a Nokia AC-4U charger, a AC-to-USB charger (to charge the battery packs), cables, earbuds, a pen/stylus, and several extra SD cards. Here are a few pics:

The case is semi-rigid and padded so it protects the N800 nicely. You'll see a black stitched line across the back where the top creases. I tend to overdo things a bit. I cut a piece of sheet metal to fit just inside the liner between the padding and the outside layer. This way I could comfortably face the N800's screen towards the outside and provide it with additional protection. This isn't really necessary though and if you're carrying an iGo keyboard it will provide a flat, solid surface to protect the NIT's screen. I'm just neurotic.

Last edited by Deaj; 2008-04-22 at 06:58.