Active Topics

Notices

Hi guys,

Anyone know if there is a program that will let me use the windows media audio codecs like those used in this stream http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipSRC=LiveBTV

i clicked on the file on the webpage and it tried to open the stream in the default media player but - it said i didnt have the correct codec. I extracted the mms link and ran it in mplayer through a terminal and i get the video but mplayer lacks the required audio codecs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bunanson?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
Hi guys,
...codec. I extracted the mms link and ran it in mplayer through a terminal and i get the video but mplayer lacks the required audio codecs....Bunanson?
mind to share the mms link?

bun

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I am able to copy EACH show segment into WorldTV99 and it worked just fine. However, that is not very interesting, one need to add the show, not each individual segment.

When play with media player, "file format not support" is a bogus error statment. Once dl, it may be able to play. Anyhow, it plays fine with mplayer on WorldTV99.

Edit: Cannot get audio to work.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-09-18 at 21:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Thanks, but i am refering to the live stream mms://media2.bloomberg.com/btv_US200.asf

i dont have any audio in mplayer when i type "mplayer mms://media2.bloomberg.com/btv_US200.asf" into the terminal. It gives me the video but in the terminal it says "Requested audio codec family [wma9spdshow] (afm=dshow) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Cannot find codec for audio format 0xA"

I know that VLC will probably play it - but the problem is the size of the program and many people says it runs videos slower than mplayer

ok I put the 2 links above in kmplayer with worldtv99. I got the mms working with video no sound. The http link for bloomberg does not work with anything kmplayer. Any tips on getting sound to work? TIA
P.S. How do you save link to worldtv99?

The Following User Says Thank You to dan For This Useful Post:
I think i tried everything resonable and unreasonable without sucsess. I was told the audio is encripted

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smackpotato For This Useful Post:
thanks guys - i'm pretty sure its a codec issue - stupid wma9 codecs

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Still nothing in here?