Active Topics

this would be helpful if my headphones get ripped out and my music starts playing through the speakers.

My N800 has developed a somewhat useful bug, and doesn't play via the speakers after earphones have been unplugged till I reboot

Anyway, I'm not sure of any proper solution, I'd like to know too!

Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
My N800 has developed a somewhat useful bug, and doesn't play via the speakers after earphones have been unplugged till I reboot

My N810 was having the same problems but one of my recent reflash did solved it no more issues found since.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
My N810 was having the same problems but one of my recent reflash did solved it no more issues found since.
Yeah, I know, it doesn't do it when I boot from flash. But I have so much stuff on my SD OS... I can't be arsed to go through the pain and hassle of a reflash. I'll live with it.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I agree this would be a useful feature. The hardware has the ability to detect whether something is plugged into the headphone socket or not, so this just needs a software solution.

Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post

Same here - it is a irritating bug - as whenever I take it to my car plug it into the sterio and then when I get out I have to boot to get the sound back on the built-in speakers.

Sometimes it doesn't seem to happen - kind of a on again-off again bug.
Any solutions ?

This may be linked to the FM radio applet. If you have it installed, try switching from speakers to headphones, or vice versa.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
This may be linked to the FM radio applet. If you have it installed, try switching from speakers to headphones, or vice versa.
So obvious... why did I not think of it? Thank you Red!

No problem. Glad to help.