Active Topics

All About Symbian has a pretty good size comparison pic, which makes me want the N900 even more:
Name:  compare.jpg
Views: 41649
Size:  42.0 KB

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
it just confirms why I don't want it - look at the beautiful screen of the N810 - rover just won't hack it for watching vids, one of my primary uses for NITs.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flareup For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
it just confirms why I don't want it - look at the beautiful screen of the N810 - rover just won't hack it for watching vids, one of my primary uses for NITs.
The playback would probably be better quality on the N900 as it has better hardware. Are you just worried about the physical size of the screen?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Yeah hes talking screen size. I'm with him. I watcha lot of videos on my n810. I travel a lot for work and it is my life saver on planes. I would love the horse power of the n900 but a larger screen would be sweet candy. That is truly the only thing that I would change. I love the rest of it. I will continue my hope for a seperate device with more screen realestate.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cruelkix For This Useful Post:
I would happily give up .5" to get smooth video playback.

The problem though is when you look at these devices in profile. It ain't pretty.

http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_com...iPhone-vs-N900

Originally Posted by Cruelkix View Post
Yeah hes talking screen size. I'm with him. I watcha lot of videos on my n810. I travel a lot for work and it is my life saver on planes. I would love the horse power of the n900 but a larger screen would be sweet candy. That is truly the only thing that I would change. I love the rest of it. I will continue my hope for a seperate device with more screen realestate.
One thing in the N900's favour is TV Out, you can use that to view videos on any size screen as long as it's got composite or SCART inputs.

Wouldn't help you on the move though...

I would happily give up .5" to get smooth video playback.

The problem though is when you look at these devices in profile. It ain't pretty.
The iPhone doesn't have a keyboard though. Can their thicknesses really be compared directly?

Presumably we'll see a keyboardless Maemo phone next year which would be a more direct match though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
I don't think my N800 will self-destruct when placed near an N900... You can have both...

You could take the N900 with you everywhere in your pocket, and use it as a phone, and keep an N8x0 in your backpack for watching (transcoded) videos.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Their N900 is stretched too far wide! I took the challenge of making another one, containing a few more important comparison devices

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cadabena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
One thing in the N900's favour is TV Out, you can use that to view videos on any size screen as long as it's got composite or SCART inputs.

Wouldn't help you on the move though....
Yeah, I'm a huge fan that they added tv out. My question on taht however is this:

I have a 7" aftermarket touchscreen that uses USB as the input for the touch screen and will accept composite for the video. I will plug the usb into the OTG micro USB of the N900. Now a have a larger Touch screen for my n900. (i do this in my car lets say, for larger nav and interface so i dont crash my car)

Can I charge it via USB whilst using hte USB for the touchscreen interface? I'm assuming no. This also sucks for anyone trying to use usb and charge for any reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cruelkix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
The playback would probably be better quality on the N900 as it has better hardware. Are you just worried about the physical size of the screen?
yes, absolutely. i see that even toshiba have a 4.1 out now...