Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hello Maemo Comunity! :-)

I installed Maemo on VM to get more familar with my posibble new Device. Just a litte bit playing around I wonderes that there could be no posibility to group the Contacts?

Is it possible or not?

At my N95 I've got Groups for Friendy, Collegs, Doctors and Family.

A Tag Clound like at the Images would be great. But I could'nt find it! :-(

cu
Helmuth

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Just a litte bit playing around I wonderes that there could be no posibility to group the Contacts?
i don't know about the final product, but on the pre-production device given at the maemo summit, it's not possible.

Hello Maemo Comunity! :-)

I installed Maemo on VM to get more familar with my posibble new Device. Just a litte bit playing around I wonderes that there could be no posibility to group the Contacts?

Is it possible or not?

At my N95 I've got Groups for Friendy, Collegs, Doctors and Family.

A Tag Clound like at the Images would be great. But I could'nt find it! :-(

cu
Helmuth
What is Maemo on VM? Did you install it on the PC?

There is no possibility to assign categories/tags to PIM elements (contacts, events, todos).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
There's been a lot of discussion about this and related organizational/filtering needs. Due to time and resource constraints they did not get implemented in time for release, as I understand it.

I will soon be creating a Brainstorm proposal to address this and related issues. Keep an eye on that subforum-- everyone is invited to vote on proposed Solutions and add their own!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by drm View Post
What is Maemo on VM? Did you install it on the PC?
I've installed Ubuntu at VirtualPC and running there Scratchbox and Xeyphr. Link
There is a GREAT VirtualPC Image by Nathan containing everything you need.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I will soon be creating a Brainstorm proposal to address this and related issues. Keep an eye on that subforum-- everyone is invited to vote on proposed Solutions and add their own!
You mean the N900 subforum?

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
You mean the N900 subforum?
no, Texrat means the brainstorm. Check his signature.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Thanks Saturn.

Here's the new Brainstorm thread for phone functionality: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33830

Feel free to submit Solutions to the Brainstorm proposal referenced. I will be adding some soon.

Thanks!

Grouping would be nice indeed.

Even nicer would be to be able to block calls from group you don't want to hear at certain times.

The Following User Says Thank You to qhorse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qhorse View Post
Grouping would be nice indeed.

Even nicer would be to be able to block calls from group you don't want to hear at certain times.
That, for me, is the deal breaker that presently stops me from buying an N900.

I played with one in the Regent Street store earlier today, and was impressed - the keyboard was much better than I expected.

But, I use my phone for both business, and personal, with contact groups that give me different ring tones, so I know what sort of caller it is before looking at the screen. And I use profiles (with handy profile on the N95) to control who can reach me - during the night, the phone is always on, but the profile allows only callers in the VIP and Family group to reach me.

I don't want to have to go back to switching the phone off at night, or to have a separate phone for different people.

For me, profiles with grouped contacts and selectable alerts are one of the most important telephony features - essential for the way I work.

Last edited by nwhitfield; 2009-11-14 at 18:27. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nwhitfield For This Useful Post: