Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I really do like my N810 and can't help but to wonder if we will ever see (or maybe I'm the only luddite who wants to see one...) an 'N820', in lack of a better name, featuring;

* About 5 inch screen,
* More powerful processing power compared to the N810,
* NO cell-phone integrated into the device
* Multi-touch
* Same, very good, Nokia build-quality
* Continuing with an open-sourced OS

And/or, how would you, if you're interested, spec your dream-N820 ?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-11-09 at 16:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I really do like my N810 and can't help but to wonder if we will ever see (or maybe I'm the only luddite who wants to see one...) an 'N820', in lack of a better name, featuring;

* About 5 inch screen,
* More powerful processing power compared to the N810,
* NO cell-phone integrated into the device
* Multi-touch
* Same, very good, Nokia build-quality

And/or, how would you, if you're interested, spec your dream-N820 ?
That's what I would like. In addition I would like it to have a super fast gps (compaired to N810).

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bad Homburg, Deutschland
So would we all, but it's highly unlikely it will happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to nowave7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
So sad that Nokia built up the small tablet market, ended up virtually owning it, and now appears to be chucking it away.

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
You could give a look to the archos 5 maybe...

The Following User Says Thank You to Boke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Was the question about a future, non-cellphone tablet raised at the Summit - and if so was there an official Nokia reply?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I wouldn't even mind cell phone capability - as long as good old BT-pairing isn't disabled and there's a nice GUI in the system settings to connect to my phone if I prefer to do that.

The crucial point is screen size. - Maybe we'll get it, maybe we'll even get it as a Maemo/Mer device, but most probably not from Nokia.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I wouldn't even mind cell phone capability - as long as good old BT-pairing isn't disabled and there's a nice GUI in the system settings to connect to my phone if I prefer to do that.

The crucial point is screen size. - Maybe we'll get it, maybe we'll even get it as a Maemo/Mer device, but most probably not from Nokia.
The problem I see with cellphone-integration into a tablet is;
- for me, a really useful tablet screen starts at maybe 5 inches - at that size it starts to become rather big to bring up to your ear - or, using BT, even to carry 100% of the time,

- I don't want to, for the tablet, have to get a cellphone subscription charge added to the cost.

You may, however - and unfortunately, be correct in that such a device will not be manufactured by Nokia.
It's a shame though as the concept of open-sourced OS on a really well built hardware device (Nokia does build solid things) - with the above mentioned specs - is very appealing.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'd love to see something along those lines. Basically N900 hardware (with or without cellular), 4-5" screen, keyboard, usb OTG. Perhaps slightly higher resolution if 5" (1024x600).

But, I just recently pre-ordered the N900. Can't buy what doesn't exist (barely even in rumors, let alone fact). And now that I've done that, there's very little chance I'd buy a N920/N820 if it came out (unless I could do it for $0 or better).

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
I say anything is possible. Who here predicted that Nokia would be releasing a Windows 7 netbook before the n900?