Active Topics

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
How long has flash 10 been out for windows, linux, etc and no 10 for maemo. Obviously we are not priority and are getting neglected. Here we have the very nice N900 and it can't play hulu veoh etc sites right because no flash 10.
What will happen when flash 11 or 12 comes and we get neglected again like what is happening now? Lets cut the chord from these guys and develop gnash http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnash so it plays all of the flash video sites that aren't called youtube.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Slovakia

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
we have VLC for Maemo. So if you want to watch flash videos( .flv) just download them on your device and watch em locally.
Most websites still play with flash 9 installed, some refuse to, but 10.1 will come Q1 next year, right?
Not such a long waiting time.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrypie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Flash has long tradition of letting me down on all platforms other than Windows.

Just yesterday i noticed that Youtube has started to support 1080p video. So I open a 1080p Youtube video and I see that my computer can't handle it. Drops frames and CPU load goes up to 150%. This on 2,8Ghz dualcore with midrange GPU under OSX....works perfect when I boot it to Windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Html5 ?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The title is misleading. It's you who is responsible for your negative experience and for being neglected.

Flash is a proprietary thing, not an open standard. Use it if youn want, but live with the consequences and don't complain.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Adobe has announced working on Flash 10 for ARM devices. Rest assured that there are no phones out there that have Flash 10. Go weep on Adobe's shoulder.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
well actually it's up to the different sites, not to adobe to provide fast solutions. I mean, it isn't that hard to provide downward compatibility for previous adobe flash versions (at least 8.0+) your .swf video players.
So don't complain that Adobe isn't providing versions for all processor architectures at the same time.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrypie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
The title is misleading. It's you who is responsible for your negative experience and for being neglected.

Flash is a proprietary thing, not an open standard. Use it if youn want, but live with the consequences and don't complain.
I don't like your replies most of the time so not surprising I completely disagree with what you just said. You are just totally wrong.

Originally Posted by kayle.sk View Post
patience... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pee3nT4bPw4
Yes i know, I've seen it before but look how long it's taking to get it out there!
What about the next time ...flash 11 or 12 comes out and almost every flash video website in the world goes to "latest flash version or sorry."

Can you play a hulu video on your N900?..No it doesn't work right.
VEOH....? No it doesn't work right.

I could paste a big arse list of video websites here that you could try on your N810 and they don't work.

Since N900 has same flash version but better hardware I'm guessing trying the same sites will result in still not working or "unacceptable" by even the lowest standards.

The harsh reality is youtube is in the minority of flash video websites when it comes to letting you play all with flash version 9.4

How can you possibly blame that on the consumer?. The burden of deliverance lies on the video websites and the creators of flash,... adobe but ultimately on Adobe as they can see how their tech is being used.

Neither one is complying when it comes to maemo so why don't we take matters into our own hands?

If we have an open source of flash why not use it?

I see a lot of people loudly complaining about the one or 2 month delay of the N900 but nobody complaining about how long it is taking Adobe to release flash 10 for Maemo.
In comparison you guys are letting Adobe off scott free.