Active Topics

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
After about a week typing on the n900, I found the space bar press to be strange, as if it were broken. I had a closer look and noticed that pressing it on the left or right feels and sounds normal with a distinct single click. Pressing it in the center half way results in the first click, and then pressig a little harder results in a second click. Anyone else see this? Or is this one actually broken?

same here, not sure if it's supposed to be like that. But im getting used to pressing it on the left now. I like the virtual onscreen keyboard too, it's so fast. This is the most responsive resistive touch screen ever. It's as sensitive as the capactive but better which u can use your nail or anything.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
I agree about the sensitivity of the screen. Haven't used the onsceen kb. Really don't like the feel/sound of this space bar. Anyone else see this?

mind making a video of you using the on screen keyboard?
i for one would like to see how well it works

thanks!

Mine's the same i just press the left side. Every now and then I press the middle. As long as it works,eh? I'm guessing that the "two button" space is a design thing, makes the kb easier to make.

I wonder what the percentage of visitors to this forum is from N900s?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Originally Posted by MaxiKana View Post
I wonder what the percentage of visitors to this forum is from N900s?
I'm polluting those stats probably right now, by posting from a Droid. Heh!

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
After about a week typing on the n900, I found the space bar press to be strange, as if it were broken. I had a closer look and noticed that pressing it on the left or right feels and sounds normal with a distinct single click. Pressing it in the center half way results in the first click, and then pressig a little harder results in a second click. Anyone else see this? Or is this one actually broken?
its constructed this way to make it easier/more accurate to use i suppose. i fat fimger the hell out of the thing, sometimes i hit left and sometimes i hit right. always works though.

Think this is how the design is

| * * |

In my opinion improve chances of pressing the spacebar

If it's

| * |

then pressing on the left side or right side might not register the input.

Originally Posted by archzai View Post
mind making a video of you using the on screen keyboard?
i for one would like to see how well it works

thanks!
ill try to make one tomorrow , i was working and now jst got home, it's too late so i can't make anything yet

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
I agree with Venomrush, the spacebar is made up from two buttons, that's why you hear the second click. It'll only register once though, so no double spaces