Active Topics

I was used to a Panels option in the settings to reorganize the menu, but of course since Fremantle uses a different interface, it's not there anymore. I don't know if im completely missing something here, but... how does one reorganize menu icons? I don't want to click More... all the time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hangster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
same here... in fact, this is one of the more annoying things about maemo 5... having to search through a long list of installed applications each and every time instead of having those apps logically organized the way you would expect on a desktop. i wish they'd simply follow the freedesktop.org standards here and use menu locations provided by .desktop files.

probably some ideological thing here... somebody must have told them its better to scroll through lists than to click through sub-menus.

if nokia doesn't fix it, there's a chance a 3rd party app does. one could have a "menu"-widget on the desktop that, when you click it, starts a good old menu with sub-categories. - if it becomes popular enough, developers might eventually provide "Categories"-entries in the .desktop files of their applications... OK, dreaming.

if it is an ideological thing, they'll not fix it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: