Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

does anybody know how can we find production date from IMEI? or any other way?

ok. i received an answer from Greek support line. I admit i could never imagine such an answer. They told me that my phone HAS WATER and thats why waranty is rejected. People there are crazy. They play with my nerves.
to summarize.
i gave phone at nokia care store on 20 July.
20 of August they told me that i have to pay 60E
1. i called greek support line and asked the reason why my warranty was rejected.
they communicated with the service and service reply was that my usb adaptor was broken and thats why i had to pay.

2.i called greek support again, explaining them that this is a common hardware fault and asked them to check it.

3.They called me back a week later, after they firsti communicated with the sercive. Service response suddennly changed. They told nokia support line that they know that it is a hardware fault but my IMEI doesn't belong to the groups of IMEI that are affected.

4.I contacted to nokia community manager from discussions.europe.com and he told me that there is no specific group,and all cases have to be under warranty.

5.I found a member from maemo.org forum. He was also from GReece. He bought phone same day with me. Our usb broke on BOTH on July. He was given a N8 for free. I asked his IMEI and i discovered that his serial number was 4 numbers before mine.

6.I called greek support line, i explained them about the other phone. I gave them the other imei so that they check.

7.They communicated with me and they think i'm an idiot. They told me that service reply was that my phone HAS WATER!!!And thats why warranty is rejected. I swear to God that i had never threw even a drop of water. They cannot tell me after 2 months that they have the phone in their hands, that there is water inside. My phone was fully functioning. I believe that they drop water, if it is true that there is water.

If there was water they could easily tell it from first time. They cannot discover water 2 months later. They cannot change opinion THREE times
first, it was broken so no warraty
second, ok they know the hardware fault but my phonei imeei is affected
third ,suddenly water inside so no warranty.

they are driving me crazy!!!

is there any nokia europe mail where i can communicate? either on finland or somewhere else. i don't know what to do..

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I had a bad time on this forum trying to get an email address and eventually information did filter through the sharks and i will give you all i have ok.... GOOD LUCK and let us all know how you get on.

NokiaCare.EMEA@nokia.com
custservice.eng@nokia-care.com
ext-custservicesg@nokia.com
press.office@nokia.com
communication.corp@nokia.com

Also try the online form as it does work apparently.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/contact-us/ask-nokia

They are trying to get out of your repair by stating water damage, don't listen to them and do your best to get in contact with the care team direct and explain everything you can.

thank you so much.
i'll try. but for sure this will be my last nokia phone.

unfortunatelly none of these emails are valid.. :/

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
So... I phoned my insurance company, they said it was a hardware fault and under warranty, so take it back to the Carphone Warehouse (from whom I originally purchased it) - took it in and they said to take it to the insurance company engineers in another branch. Having done so, I was told it was not a warranty claimable fault. I argued that it was a known issue, and was covered by a 2 year warranty. They disappeared into the office. They reappeared with my phone, told me I was right, and after messing around with something on their computer advised that I should go back on Tuesday to receive a replacement. Not an E7 or N8 but another N900. I was amazed!

I shall update with the outcome... extremely hopeful, but highly suspicious that I will get there only to be told that they couldn't source a replacement...

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
I have in my hands a brand new N900. It is a very very beautiful thing.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Don't know if this is any help but: I thought my N900 is important to me as it carries so much information. So I bought a second hand N900 while the original one is stille functioning. I found it cheap at 140 euro, 20% of the original price of May 2010. It's sitting there waiting for the other one to be wrecked.
So panatha13 could retrieve his stuff on a second hand machine, and sync with his pc?

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty