Hi,

Could some help me with this application?

I have downloaded and installed this application today; When i open this application the satellite icon on top of the blinks always and i am mot seeing the GPS is not activating at all;

Could someone tell me how to use this application and what could be the issue?

Regards,

RR

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
You probably need to enable the GPS as Maep will use it automatically. Also, you need to be connected to the Internet to get the GPS going--this is a bug in Maemo.

Tap the toolbar at top, where it show the time. Then tap "Location" (I think that's it in English--"Ubicación" in Spanish). Then check the button to activate the GPS.

Have fun, I really like Maep.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rrdbala View Post
When i open this application the satellite icon on top of the blinks always and i am mot seeing the GPS is not activating at all;
A blinking icon means that your gps has no fix (it tries to find out where you are but doesn't have a clue yet). As long as you don't have a fix/valid position received maep cannot process any gps position. Hence the gps icon in maep is still inactive.

Thanks. I have data plan on my phone. The GPS got a fix now.

Now the the app also works. But how do i use that? Except one + symbol , - symbol and one satellite symbol. I don't see anything much on this app.

I just want to know how do we check any route or traffic?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Originally Posted by rrdbala View Post
Now the the app also works. But how do i use that? Except one + symbol , - symbol and one satellite symbol. I don't see anything much on this app.

I just want to know how do we check any route or traffic?
Maep is a very basic application that just pretty much allows you to look at the map and zoom in and out. I like it like this.

If you want things like routes/paths/etc check out maemo-mapper. It is in extras-devel or extras-testing. It's not so stable.

-Jeff

The Following User Says Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the information

How does this app actually work?
It only shows a blank map for me, even if I try to switch the mode from the menu on the right. GPS and internet are both on, I don't get it :P.

I have the same problem as Jonkki when I am on my 3G connection, maps will not load. When I am on wifi the maps load and show fine. Is this a bug or some settings thing?

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Maep doesn't make any difference between the network connections. I have no idea why the maps aren't loading for you under 3G. Are you sure you can access the tile repositories?

E.g. such a tile is this:
http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Tiles/tile/3/4/2.png

Can you load this from your phone with the browser?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
I also can't load the maps when using 3G, works fine with wifi. Loading the tile in the browser works and all other apps can use the internet just fine.