Active Topics

Just got an answer about n800 availability in Canada:

"We understand your request with regards to when would the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet be available in Canada.

Max, the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet has recently been released in Canada and available for purchase at Frys electronic store."

Does anybody know a Frys retail store in Quebec, Canada?

I received the same response from Nokia when I asked them the same question. I'm quite sure that Fry's does not have a retail presence in Canada (I hope i'm wrong!!)

I just received another email from nokia canada:

"We appreciate your reply in regards to the Frys electronic stores in Canada.

You can visit www.Frys.com for more information regarding Frys electronic location. You can also check the availability of the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet with RadioShack.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us. To ensure proper handling, please continue to use the current subject line.

Thank you for choosing Nokia for your mobile needs."

Are there RadioShack stores in Canada? I know they used to be several years ago, but now they are called The Source here... ???

I noticed that www.tigerdirect.ca has the N800 in stock. They're charging quite a premium, however: C$508 - yikes!!

It looks like Tigerdirect.ca no longer carries the N800 (it is no longer listed on their website). Does anyone know of other Canadian retailers who carry the N800?

Thanks in advance.

I checked "The Source (aka. RadioShack)" and Fry's sites and none have listed N800; maybe not online yet, but OTOH, this is not the first time that I heard nonsense from Nokia Canada.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The US demand has been far larger than anticipated AFAIK. I think that's cutting into distribution elsewhere, given that it was launched here.

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-02-06 at 18:25.

Ah, we know our privileged cousins down there should get everything first...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by iFrank View Post
Ah, we know our privileged cousins down there should get everything first...
Poo. Then explain why we get the gsm phones last, or they're missing the all-important 850 band.

For mobile handsets, it's just a shame; in NA, by the time that a new handset becomes available, other regions in the world have received 2 updates. That's why I have to buy my stuff online from Europe retailers, mostly and accept the outlet incompatibility caveat.