Since updating firmware I have had two random issues so far. I was wondering if anyone could confirm before I put it on bugzilla

1) N900 was on charger, I powered off and it locked up. Had to pull battery to reset it. I need to test this once home

2) N900 can't activate phone component nor connect to TMobile after being put in offline mode and back into Normal. Worked fine the first time. when I got out of my 2nd class I couldn't get it to turn on and it eventually locked up requiring a battery pull

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Since updating firmware I have had two random issues so far. I was wondering if anyone could confirm before I put it on bugzilla

1) N900 was on charger, I powered off and it locked up. Had to pull battery to reset it. I need to test this once home
Same here. Last night after unplugging the n900 from the charger, I tried to turn it on and it was dead. I had, just like you, to pull the battery out to make it start.

The second point (I have T-Mobile pay-as-you-go), seems like the phone component works fine after a "offline mode".

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Popup menus in the browser sometimes don't go away when you click outside of them. I've actually had two popup menus at the same time. Both of these were new experiences since the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Buttons on the virtual keyboard sometimes don't work at all when you tap on them until you get out of the virtual keyboard and back into it.. This has happened 3 times with me already.

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
After the upgrade, all the letters "n" in the menu were distorted. Rebooting fixed it.

can't report on the 1st issue but my phone goes into and out of offline mode fine and this is after the minor update.

I can't seem to get either of my issues to come up again.

ioan, can you try with yours when you have time? Just plug in the charger, power off the N900 and see if you can power it back on.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

my battery life has dropped significantly. was getting about 14-16 hours and since the update I am hardly getting 6 hours???
usage is the same. pull out of charger at 6am and make few calls on lunch around 12, after getting off at 5 make a lot of calls, and between all those time check maemo.org every once in a while. but since this update it barely lasts till the lunch. have not had anything else installed after the update or have done any kind of settings change. really weird.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I can't seem to get either of my issues to come up again.

ioan, can you try with yours when you have time? Just plug in the charger, power off the N900 and see if you can power it back on.
I can't reproduce the problem from last night either. I don't remember exactly if the n900 was off when I plugged the charger... I tried few combination and seems like is working fine.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I got this annoying bug with this new update. My phone randomly freeze and my CPU usage jumped to 100%. Very annoying.. Everything seem slower than older firmware. And it drain more battery too.

And as for bluetooth headset, It connect but all distorted just like the previous firmware. But if you connect to Bluetooth and make a call then connect to WiFi the sound became clear and not so much distortion anymore.. But once it's connected it became crap again. Seriously What sort of bullshiit did NOKIA put into the N900 Bluetooth hardware?

Tags
shitware