Active Topics

Hi,

Im not sure if this is the best place for this as I am pretty new here and this seems like the logical place. Please feel free to move it if not.

I have recently bought an N900 and I have two mailboxes and Google Calendars synchronised. If I leave my phone connected via 3G during the day I only get about 10hrs battery life.

My understanding is that the emails are pushed straight out and are received as soon as I am connected and that google calendar synchronises as specified in Mail for Exchange.

I dont want my phone perminently connected so I have left it to have to request access to WAP to preserve my battery. Is it possible to modify the the connection manager to automatically connect when the sync request is made by MfE and then disconnect once the sync is complete? I know the first bit can be done already as I just set the phone to auto connect and not to request but the problem is that it doesn't disconnect after and my battery disappears?

Thanks

Rich

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
how does wap connection help for preserving battery life?

have you tried switching to 2g instead of 3g?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

im not sure how i would do that. being perminently connected to net does deffinately dran the battery. presumabley because the hardware is constantly comunicating, even if it is only to make sure it is still connected. as soon as i set up my sony ericcson c902 to have my emails pushed over my battery life dropped by about a third.