Active Topics

Notices

i've been experimenting with using html for dvd-like menus. and i like the results, but if we could embed mplayer (slave mode) into an application so we don't get the little "starting mplayer" message, that would be great. (can that be suppressed?)

the n800's capacity with the two SD slots is what finally sold me on getting one but i really like DVD menus with extras and all that. imagine if we had a plug-in for canola or mediabox that let us assemble a menu or set of menus for our movies that included special features and switching audio tracks. hopefully a savvy coding guru genius will be inspired to make something along those lines.

does anyone know of how to embed mplayer into maemo's browser or if its already embeddable with the alternative browsers? with that, we could have animated menus in flash and movie playback done with mplayer.

just some ideas i had and wondering if anyone else is interested or done anything like this already.

There is an mplayer browser plugin compiled for diablo and I think it works on N900 too.

thanks ukki, i looked into that and it does work well, but too buggy (crashes, freezes) on my n800 to use it all the time.

what i'm doing now is making simple DVD-like menus in HTML. an easy way to design them is first in photoshop, then using the slice tool to separate buttons from the rest of the menu before outputting to HTML.

and using the application DBus-Switchboard to associate .avi files with mplayer.

i like it, but ideally something like a mplayer frontend with a simple integrated web browser to show the HTML based DVD style menus (without animation).

or, if someone is ambitious, a front end that makes use of flash or similar.

another suggestion would be a plug-in for Canola (although I don't think canola uses mplayer. unbelievable that it doesn't as i'm sure the people making canola know that it should)