Active Topics

Had the phone for nearly a month now and i'm sort of liking it apart from a few niggles.

Anyway my girlfriend has been playing with the phone ever since i got it and her top 3 issues are below and tbh they are pretty fair.

1. iPlayer just doesn't work well it stutters constantly on my wifi connection no matter what we try compared to the iPhone which could play it until its battery ran out.

2. Can't browse and play music at the same time without the music stuttering, at first we thought i got a dud handset but after a quick google search we found it to be a very common problem.

3. Apps are very confusing as to what some do they are named for the tech savvy and don't really help people who aren't.

What does she like about the phone? almost everything she loves the browser, loves the pullout keyboard and the overall design and she absolutely loves the social networking power of this phone and the multitasking.

However the 3 things above she feels are deal breakers and i have to agree and i'm hoping the next update will at least sort the web browsing\ music stuttering issue.

What do you guys think?

After reading this i immedaitly picked up my hand set and listened to some high bitrate music and browsed google and a couple of forums - im on the latest firmware and can confirm not a single skip or jump

As for iplay - i too am disapointed in this

On a sid enote: i half expected the top reason to be 'because it dones come in pink' lol (thats why my misus said about it)

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to CraigRobbo For This Useful Post:
I think you're your girlfriend's bi7ch, what with making this post on her behalf. (hey, you asked what I thought).

1. never had stutterihng issues. i stream audio and video from a Media server through knots.

2. Browse what? The interweb? Music library? Can't talk on that one, I only use the browser when I'm not home (like now).

3. Yes, because it's so hard to remember app names. I'm sure the iphohne has much clearer app names... oh wait. it doesn't.

The N900 isn't for everyone. It's not a do all perfectly device. When you do find such a device, please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I havent seen (heard to be precise) any stutter with built in media player. yaspot used to do that but the latest version fixed the issue over 99%.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
I used a system media player - no problem with music.

Actually - no problem with Internet Radio stations too even WiFi or 3G.

BTW, I browsed while listening my N900 and I don't see any problem.

Can you point us with link to "we found it to be a very common problem" (I mean - in N900)? It is interesting to me.

But I use system media player because it has a different priority in comparison with another half-cooked players.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Get her an iphone and she will be happy

ok so what causes the iplayer problem? is it just not optimised for this handset?

The Following User Says Thank You to Maca0716 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridge UK
#1 Agree, never got the iPlayer working well here even the wii version.

#2 I've never experienced the stuttering and just gave my N900 a try.. couldn't get it to stutter at all playing music whilst surfing, and I went to some pretty cluttered flash heavy web pages. Do you have many apps installed from testing or devel?

#3. agree, but it's nothing that would put me off...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I think you're your girlfriend's bi7ch, what with making this post on her behalf. (hey, you asked what I thought).

1. never had stutterihng issues. i stream audio and video from a Media server through knots.

2. Browse what? The interweb? Music library? Can't talk on that one, I only use the browser when I'm not home (like now).

3. Yes, because it's so hard to remember app names. I'm sure the iphohne has much clearer app names... oh wait. it doesn't.

The N900 isn't for everyone. It's not a do all perfectly device. When you do find such a device, please let me know.
I think OP posted a fair report, I don't see any justification to respond aggressively to his post or to call anyone names.

Tsk tsk.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Get her iPhone and get some.

Tags
top 3 issues with gf