Active Topics

Notices

Planet Hivelly

Planet Hivelly has been ported to many platforms. It is extremelly easy to port it, just add this to the makefile:

Code:
# Maemo 5
ifeq ($(PLATFORM),maemo5)
LFLAGS += -lSDL -lm
CFLAGS += -D__FIXED_RES__ -DDEFAULT_WIDTH=800 -DDEFAULT_HEIGHT=480
endif
If you don't want to mess with compiling and the SDK, download the attached binary.

Known warnings here, blah blah.
Attached Files
File Type: zip planethively.zip (74.4 KB, 124 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks, but what is it? I can't work it out from visiting that link.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Italy
Nice demo app!
You could become the official Maemo package maintainer and distribute it through the Extras repository. Just one word of caution: before you start working on it, please make sure that redistribution is allowed by the licenses of both the source code and the tunes. I downloaded the source code but couldn't find any license information.

In this wiki page you find full instructions about packaging, deploying and distributing an app in Maemo Extras. If you have questions/doubts, just ask

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demoscene

This is just a "Music Disk" demo software which has been ported to over 10 platforms. This specific software is just a collection of tracks written with the Hively Tracker software.

Originally Posted by fgs View Post
Nice demo app!
You could become the official Maemo package maintainer and distribute it through the Extras repository. Just one word of caution: before you start working on it, please make sure that redistribution is allowed by the licenses of both the source code and the tunes. I downloaded the source code but couldn't find any license information.

In this wiki page you find full instructions about packaging, deploying and distributing an app in Maemo Extras. If you have questions/doubts, just ask
Thanks for the good words and the link! I was thinking to make it faster and also package it, just to learn how.

Last edited by giannoug; 2010-04-01 at 13:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
It's a demoscene.

Cool! Nice job!

And here I was thinking it was a game... no wonder I didn't understand the rules... :-)

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
I just downloaded and unzipped the files but now I don't know how to run the demo.

There is a folder: ./tunes containing .hvl files and an file called planethively. Did I miss something to run it?

Ciao Uwe

Me on twitter