Active Topics

Is there an option to mark all received email as read at once? Most of the time i read my email on the computer. but they stay on the server for a few days. when i connect my n900 i receive all these emails again. its handy to have them on my phone, but i dont want to read them anymore so i want them to be marked as read all at once.

On my symbian n96 the email app always noticed that the email was allready read, downloaded them but didnt highlight them.

All these functions that symbian has and maemo doesn't are to bad.

I always rememberd my n96 with symbian crashing and having a hard time to open and run stuff. but one thing was always good... and that was the user friendly options and interface. Something maemo is lacking big time.

Most options available on symbian are missing on maemo.

like, email just mentioned, options like auto disconnect data connection. auto rotation on whole OS, i miss allot of photo editing features on the n900 that were on the n96.

Sharing video's is a pain on the n900. you first need to actually open the video to see the share button.

Cant make your own music playlists.

MSN not supported on maemo (only via plugin and aMSN wich are working laggy or missing half of the functions like block contacts share pictures using video calls)

When having several account online (skype, ovi, msn plugin) you only see 1 green dot instead of all the icons of the service. Would be better to see a blue skype icon when online and a green ovi icon when online, and a msn icon. Maybe even an option like in windows to hide some icons if you dont like all the icons on the system bar. Now i have to check wich one are online by tapping the system bar and open accounts.

Then we have the contacts. first of all, all the contacts of my msn are loaded in there. even the 300 people i allready blocked and deleted 10 years ago.

Also when you logged in to the services you only see a green dot behind the contacts name.... my contacts sometimes have 3 accounts: msn, skype and ovi. still i only see a green dot behind the name... so i need to guess on wich account they are online?

No ovi suite support, well beta has 50% covered now.

I can go on for a while... What im trying to say is why are these things not implemented? Every tester should notice these things. Now maemo is just "Good" most things are fixed by the community and people aren't complaining much. I personally never want anything else anymore. i love the open platform, but its so incomplete.

Also the scrolling in menu's and home screen are stuttering and not smooth. I have seen scrolling on the iphone wich has the same hardware running allot smoother.

Maemo is to much of a pilot to become a great platform for outsiders, to interest the great audience.

PS. the media widget is still not fixed in PR1.2. i am wondering what nokia is doing at the office. playing ping pong all day... i dont know... but they sure as hell arent fixing bugs

Last edited by sygys; 2010-05-10 at 07:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Is there an option to mark all received email as read at once?
Feel free to vote for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4770 (but please don't add "I want this too" comments that just create bugmail for everybody).

All these functions that symbian has and maemo doesn't are to bad.
Totally different codebases. If you want all of the Symbian funcionality, get a Symbian phone.

MSN not supported on maemo (only via plugin and aMSN wich are working laggy or missing half of the functions like block contacts share pictures using video calls)
Did you file bug reports and provided debug information?
If so, what are the links? Problems don't magically fix themselves...

When having several account online (skype, ovi, msn plugin) you only see 1 green dot instead of all the icons of the service.
If you're online in IM, you're online in IM. No plans to change this.

Then we have the contacts. first of all, all the contacts of my msn are loaded in there. even the 300 people i allready blocked and deleted 10 years ago.
Blame MSN for still storing them on the server if you had deleted them already?

PS. the media widget is still not fixed in PR1.2.
Whatever that means (any bug number?)...
Plus PR1.2 is not even officially available.

LMAO Andre, you sound like a real fanboy. everything people say with having problems you gonna defend nokia. come on man! most of the above mentioned are not that ridiculous.

Buy a symbian phone if you want these options??? what the hell is that for an answer? I want the n900 to have more option! and guess what! im not the only one out there.

Where is the standard function of the "mark as read"?? i have 548 unread emails in my email account on the n900. first of all why is that??? they are all read on the server! now i need to mark them as read one by one? These are basic functions in an email app Andre!

Dont blame me for the previous post.

File a bug report you say.... there are allready over 5000 bugs reported. and 90% of them are thrown aside by nokia because there is no priority in fixing them.

But you obviously dont understand the non-geek language most people tell here. And only defend nokia for their great effort of making an update called PR1.2 and release it 2 years after the n900 comes out... or maybe 3 years... You know what! nokia is to busy making meego and symbian 3 devices so they can make money instead of thrippeling the man power to make the n900 a descent phone/mobile computer and making their customers feel like they care.

Andre can you tell me when the update 1.2 will come? can you tell me if there will be any update for the n900? Do you even know if nokia is still working on an update?

Well i dont care anymore anyway! i had the same damn problems with the n95, n96 and n97. maybe its time i move on to another phone not made by nokia.

When someone is having no arguments its a troll, when someone is giving arguments then its their fault and should buy another phone. grow up andre!

Last edited by sygys; 2010-05-14 at 10:13.

I wish there was a solution to this problem. Is there no way to read new messages without manually checking all messages as read?

Nope. Its one of the very basic functions that the N900 cannot perform is multi select. I get around 300 emails a week and have to manually mark each one as read.

As pretty much every other smartphone has a multi select function, I can't imagine why it was left out of this phone?

Is it fixable with a software upgrade from Nokia?