Active Topics

Planning to buy N900, one question

Can you receive calls and sms when you are in Multitasking mode

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Never heard of multitasking mode, but the phone will be able to receive calls and sms while you are doing other things such as watching videos or browsing websites.

It can do ANYTHING!

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
Yes you can...when you get a call you get a dialog giving you the opportunity to take or reject the call, regardless of what programs you have running. I've been able to take calls while browsing and playing games without issue.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I think you can't switch to real time mode (^^) so I guess you mean 'can you receive calls and sms while you're doing something else with N900'. The short answer is yes.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
The N900 is like a miniature linux computer - you can multitask the same way you can with your laptop or desktop.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

What i meant was can you take call and sms when you are in the Task manager which shows all the applications running in n900

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Never heard of multitasking mode, but the phone will be able to receive calls and sms while you are doing other things such as watching videos or browsing websites.
u cant play adio files... i tryed yesterday... is there a way to listen an audio during a call???

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
u cant play adio files... i tryed yesterday... is there a way to listen an audio during a call???
You must have been getting boring calls all day.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
What i meant was can you take call and sms when you are in the Task manager which shows all the applications running in n900