Active Topics

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sweden
Hi,
I can't update to PR 1.2 update over the air, I get this error "Use the usb cable and a PC".
When I try to use the "Nokia software updater" it fails, it don't download the software at all, I get this error: Nokia software updater has attempted to download your software but failed more than three times
What to do?
Regards,
Ove

same problem.
my download starts and stopped at 6.3mb or something like that.

tried more than 5 times on 2 different computers but no luck. server must be busy?

The Following User Says Thank You to ecsw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Similiar problem here. Mine tried at least four times and assumes it has something to do with my connection or their server.
not having a direct USBconnection is also mentioned as a possibility.
First I thought it was the server, cuz more people are having the same problem and of course everybody wants to update as soon as possible, but it still doenst work. so...I dunno.

Hi.
I tried many times today to update Maemo software over the air and I receive "Not enough memory on target location"!!

I have many Gb of memory free!

Any solution?

I can't update trough Nokia Software Updater since it uninstall all my Nvidia drivers!! What a mess!

Last edited by cixi; 2010-05-26 at 19:15.

same here!

I have 1.56 gb free app memory and uninstalled 30 mb of apps already to make room for 1.2 but still nothing

need help....

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Nope. This gotta be a bug.
I'm gonna try something. I'll try to fully uninstall that updater and then reinstall it from scratch. I'll be back with result. (Maan this is a joke...)

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
UNINSTALL F******* games like Tuxrace, Gltron, Openarena, Brainparty,...
and you could get update by OTA ! have to win more free rootfs at least...
then re-install them after update

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Nope. This gotta be a bug.
I'm gonna try something. I'll try to fully uninstall that updater and then reinstall it from scratch. I'll be back with result. (Maan this is a joke...)

I had the same problem afirst posts with OTA and nokia softwar updater so i tried using maemo flasher instead and all worked fine (tghink mine waas caused by having the leaked PR1.2)

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
If you guys still have problems.. then I strongly suggest you follow the methods that are on this page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

It may look hard but it's really easy... I have successfully flashed my firmware and the emmc to PR1.2 easily.. it only took me 3 minutes total..