Active Topics

I have a spare battery for my N900 running PR 1.2

I've noticed that every time I swap to a spare battery -- even if I only take 30s to swap the battery, when I next bootup the time/date is lost & I get prompted to set it.

Is this a fault? I can't remember any other phone being as sensitive?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
nop it's the usual symtom. If you took the battery out longer 20seconds then the time will be lost.

Just don't take over 20seconds.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
That really sounds like a fault, since other than the main battery it also should have an internal battery, too. I had to remove my battery quite a couple of times, and my N900's still running on the very same time/date settings I put right after receiving it.

[edit]
Are you sure, maxximuscool? It most DEFINITELY took me longer than that (was exchanging my SIM card), but I never had to re-enter those settings.

Last edited by Nathraiben; 2010-06-20 at 21:59.

I have never had this issue, no matter how long I keep my battery out my phone still has the same (current) date and time. you might want to reset your setting and see if that helps. If not; sorry to say but you would have to flash the firmware and emc.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Or it could be the SIM card slot being a bit loose so when you take out the battery it's not touching the pins, and the N900 resets those settings whenever the SIM card is removed.

Just stick a paper on the side with no pins on it (top side) - my SIM is a 7 year old USIM and a bit scratched, but it works with one layer of paper on it.

So some mixed thoughts... This is a fresh reflash from this week so it could be a possible fault....... will have to do some more tests - check totally shutdown, try and time it etc, as I was in a rush today.....

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
i have it everytime i exchange sim card... no matter how long it takes, it usually asks for date, time and locale settings... and although for me it's no big deal, i don't think it should do that either...

happens to me all the time whenever i take the battery out and put it back in the time settings are messed up and need to be configured..
its pretty annoying, my old phones didnt do this

Justm to confirm that I have the same problem.

go to the clock and update automatically i guess