Active Topics

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
is it possible to transmit all types of sounds through the fm transmitter??

for e.g: sygic sounds, phone calls etc??

thanks

Phone calls would be awesome but I believe are dissabled... I know that some apps will go through the FM transmitter as I sometimes play picodrive with the volume all the way up!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Nokia is selling Bluetooth handsfree devices for cars. They have a good reason to disable the FM transmitter for calls actively.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
ok, but maybe there is a workaround to this issue...

angrybirds work i can confirm that. and it would te sooo awesome to have calls too. but then it is possible that there will be some echoing...which is reaaallly annoying.

Let's see if I can get this correct..

Sygic and most apps including Angry Birds. Yes
Phone Calls. By default no, with a hack yes.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

If there could be a hack made so calls will work through the transmitter, that'd be cool.

A feature of the hack could be to update the RDS with the callers name/number as well

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
Not sure is this is relevant info, but:
I usually listen to music in the car via the FM transmitter and have my BT carkit connected (which seems to be in standby mode). When I get called, the music/FM transmitter goes standby (music paused) and the call goes via BT. After hanging up, the FM transmitter is activated again and BT goes standby.

I always had the idea that the cellular radio network works differently from the other phone parts (e.g. multimedia, game sounds) etc., but that is only based on user experience while playng with mobile phones for the last 10 years.

If it is not possible to root the cellular radio network directly to the FM transmitter, maybe a workaround could be to fool the phone by thinking that it connects to BT, while it in fact connects to the FM transmitter.

Just trying to add some ideas to this threat.