Active Topics

Notices

Hey

I've been playin around with fbreader, evince, mgutenberg etc. to try reading some ebooks. I have some in pdf and while evince is good it isn't quite good enough for me due to the laggin scrolling and the lack of custom zoom levels. Anyway I tried using some free tools to convert to epub, I still wasn't happy as the output gave some weird characters and also formatting was lost. The best bet I found was from converting it to html. It doesn't look too good on the ebook readers however it looks perfect in the built in web browser.

I was wondering if there is any plugin/way to have the browser pg down/pg up when I tap either the top or bottom of the screen? I guess another alternative would be to pg up/pg down when using the volume keys? I don't see that option in the settings however only for volume or zoom lvls....

Last edited by woodyear99; 2010-07-12 at 15:37.

Have you tried working with Calibre to get it into an acceptable eBook format? If you like what you've gotten from an HTML conversion, it is a solid possibility that you can get an eBook conversion that you'd at least be satisfied with.

Yeah I've been using Calibre, will revisit it tonight and see if I can tweak the options. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of some random characters that show up in various sections of the epub output. Book is pretty much all text with no images. I was pretty happy with the html output, surprised it looked so good lol.