Active Topics

hi iam new with n900 and i have a question how to copy past or even cut files into or over in the file system bec i always get access denied or operation failed i dont know what to do i was always using n95 which i used to hack it with hellox .... Any Help plz !! ( i aleady have rootsh and every thing)

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I have no idea how to help you as I can't figure out what you are trying to do. Are you:

1) Trying to copy files from one place on the N900 to another.
2) Trying to copy files from a computer to the N900
or
3) Trying to copy files from your old phone to the N900

A little more specific question would be more likely to get you the help you need. Oh yeah, a better subject field with some information about what kind of help you need would also get faster results.

I hope you get it straightened out.

Fred

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ China
When you select text you hold it, menu appears then tap copy, again tap and hold where you wanna paste it and tap paste

Originally Posted by viper View Post
hi iam new with n900 and i have a question how to copy past or even cut files into or over in the file system bec i always get access denied or operation failed i dont know what to do i was always using n95 which i used to hack it with hellox .... Any Help plz !! ( i aleady have rootsh and every thing)
type "sudo su" before you copy.

@ffarber : iam trying for example to change my transition so i need to copy a transition.ini file and to replace it with the original one in /usr/share/themes/(the theme name)/ OR for example i want to change my bootscreen so i need to replace the original video.avi with the one i need in /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media when i do copy past with GPE File manage i get access denied
@aligatro: loool iam getting a feeling that all this have to be made my xterminal if that plz tell me in details bec iam noob and new in this and can i accesss those files by pc its going to be much easier if can .. thanks guys for the replay

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ China
Use sudo gainroot, then use cp /patht/to/src /path/to/dst

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jukzh View Post
Use sudo gainroot
and if you screw up, prepare to reflash
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

cant understand any thing can you give me more details plzzz !!

Originally Posted by jukzh View Post
Use sudo gainroot, then use cp /patht/to/src /path/to/dst
I would use cp -r /patht/to/src /path/to/dst instead ,because there might be subfolders inside a folder.

loool iam getting a feeling that all this have to be made my xterminal if that plz tell me in details bec iam noob and new in this and can i accesss those files by pc its going to be much easier if can .. thanks guys for the replay
To access system files you need to use xterminal.

is it that hard to copy past loool =D