Active Topics

Hey guys, I've followed these instructions
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/nokia-qtsdk-...ing-maemo.html

I'm having problems pinging my N900. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with the latest Nokia QT SDK installed.

I've set up mad developer on the N900 as per the instructions.

When I connect my N900 through usb and choose pc suite mode I see the Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget show up in my device manager and an Unidentified Network show up in my connections. I've set up the ip settings as per the instructions, however, the connection remains disabled permanently. I right click the connection and choose enable but it becomes disabled right away. I try pinging myself (192.168.2.14), of course it works. I try pinging my N900 (192.168.2.15) and I get no result. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me a clue how to fix this? It seems like the adapter stays disabled. The Device manager shows the device working fine though.

The alternative would be developing using the emulator (QEMU) but it is painfully slow and unacceptable.

Last edited by jessi3k3; 2010-10-08 at 04:46.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Have to ask
Have you configured windows firewall?

That's the first thing I tried. I've disabled windows firewall and my 3rd party firewall (nod32 suite) and it still doesnt work. The status still stays as disabled.

Although it says disabled, I can still ping myself in the cmd prompt. Also, under connections,

Last edited by jessi3k3; 2010-10-08 at 06:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
I had similar issue - problem with me was SSH server was OFF (on N900), I have SSH applet installed and is always OFF by default after reboot/boot. Needed only to switch it on. And I could connect to N900.
You can try to install the newest version of MadDeveloper from Extra Devel. and try all steps from begining...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mveplus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I´m not sure if this is helpful but I thought that in this thread might be some answers:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60560

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mveplus View Post
I had similar issue - problem with me was SSH server was OFF (on N900), I have SSH applet installed and is always OFF by default after reboot/boot. Needed only to switch it on. And I could connect to N900.
You can try to install the newest version of MadDeveloper from Extra Devel. and try all steps from begining...
Thanks for the tip. I installed the SSH switcher but it looks like Mad Developer enables ssh when you start it. Even still it shows "Disabled" in windows when I connect my n900 through USB. I choose "Enable" and a popup comes up saying enabling...enabled! It goes away but the status still stays as disabled. I suppose i'll try the devel version if there's one available.

Wow, thanks guys! I got it working using the devel version of Mad Developer. Upon connecting it created a new network "Local Area Connection 5". I set up the properties for it and this time it let me enable it and it stayed enabled. From here I receive replies from the N900 when I ping it. It still works on and off as the first few times I tried to configure it through QT creator it said No device found although I was able to ping it. Then I kept on doing the disconnect/reconnect/enable network cycles and it eventually found my device.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
I'm unsure if i should start a new thread but whenever I try to deploy a compiled program (I'm testing the sample projects), whenever It tries to send the deb my N900 reboots. Anyone know the reason why? Here's the output from the IDE

Code:
Cleaning up remote leftovers first ...
Initial cleanup done.
Files to deploy: C:/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/painting/basicdrawing\basicdrawing_0.0.1_armel.deb.
#######N900 Reboots here#######
Deployment failed: Could not uplodad file 'C:/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/painting/basicdrawing\basicdrawing_0.0.1_armel.deb':

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
2 questions

is this date 10-08-2010 august 10 or october 8

what version of mad-developer did you install...

The latest in extras-devel has this 'dhcp server' feature
which simplifies the connection a lot...

EDIT: ok. now it wrapped the date around as I logged
in...