Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
hi. my n900 wont get past loading desktop icons after reboot after i deinstalled kernel-power-modules.

it just keeps rebooting and rebooting.

how can i fix this problem? pls help.

TIA

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
reflash with pr1.3

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Flash the kernel only:
https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_...a_FIASCO_image

You can't just uninstall the modules when using the power kernel...

It's like uninstalling drivers on Windows and expecting things to work...

And NO; You don't need to re-flash the whole thing!

Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
reflash with pr1.3
i tried that too. but the flasher gives me errors. something like 0kb sent and usb_bulk_write.

Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
Flash the kernel only:
https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_...a_FIASCO_image

You can't just uninstall the modules when using the power kernel...

It's like uninstalling drivers on Windows and expecting things to work...

And NO; You don't need to re-flash the whole thing!
ok thanks. ill read on to the link you posted. i just wanted to return to stock kernel and i thought by removing anything that says kernel power will fix that. lol

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Same thing happend to me, Its just vibrates, show me the Nokia logo and reboots over and over and over again untill i remove the battery.
I was thinking about flashing the phone, thing is: When i plug it to a chager (PC and/or wall charger), it turns on, and keep rebooting like someone is paying it to do so. And my battery aint fully charged.(dont have a spare one), and the phone wont charge.

So if i try to flash it with the rest of my battery life, it migth go very bad if i run out of juice. and my guess would be that since the phone just wont stop rebooting while connected to Chager/PC, it migth scew up the flasing?

EDIT: Not same as the OP's problem, cause his phone seems to boot up to the desktop, while mine never gets passed the Nokia boot logo.

-Futtawuh

Last edited by futtawuh; 2010-10-27 at 13:38.

is there a .bin file for this fiasco kernel?

coz there's no way i can access the xterminal. upon reboot to desktop, it restarts right away.

Originally Posted by shockgiga View Post
ok thanks. ill read on to the link you posted. i just wanted to return to stock kernel and i thought by removing anything that says kernel power will fix that. lol
You have to remove Enhanced Power Kernel. That should also remove the modules (haven't tried)...

Even if it doesn't remove the modules it shouldn't break when doing it this way.

Originally Posted by shockgiga View Post
is there a .bin file for this fiasco kernel?

coz there's no way i can access the xterminal. upon reboot to desktop, it restarts right away.
The command listed should be done from Windows/Linux using the flasher tool. If You're on Windows leave out "sudo" and "./" in front of flasher-3.5...

You have to download the flasher tool and the FIASCO imagee. Look for "PR 1.3 version 20.2010.36-2" under "Brief Description" and pick the one that applies to Your area (USA, EMEA, India or Global).

1) Turn off Your N900
2) Run flasher like this (on Windows):
Code:
flasher-3.5.exe -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
- where firmware image is the name of the FIASCO image You just downloaded.
3) Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time.
4) It should now flash the kernel only.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
The command listed should be done from Windows/Linux using the flasher tool. If You're on Windows leave out "sudo" and "./" in front of flasher-3.5...

You have to download the flasher tool and the FIASCO imagee. Look for "PR 1.3 version 20.2010.36-2" under "Brief Description" and pick the one that applies to Your area (USA, EMEA, India or Global).

1) Turn off Your N900
2) Run flasher like this (on Windows):
Code:
flasher-3.5.exe -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
- where firmware image is the name of the FIASCO image You just downloaded.
3) Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time.
4) It should now flash the kernel only.
Thanks for making that more clear. But my question still stands.
How will the flashing go if the phone keeps rebooting after the Nokia boot logo, and wont stay off without removing the battery while plugged to a PC/charger?