Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ecuador
I'm in Ecuador and my divice is locked and i had read manny forums but i can't find help. I am new in maemo and all the world of n900. And I could sent my divice to USA in orther to repair it. I wish somebody could help me with steps for enter in my cel remember it is lock i could do roots or the other step, I only have games for my child in the n900 no programs download yet.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Contact Nokia. The purpose of a lock code is to securely lock your device. Nokia can unlock it.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Reflash your phone, it disables the lock code prompt but does not reset it - once you've reflashed you can then extract the lock code and run it through a brute force / dictionary app to reverse it (like John the ripper)

I'm glossing over the details, but essentially that's the summary of the threads posted by fahadj2003

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
If you are able to connect your phone to the computer via usb follow these steps-

Download and install the official Nokia flashing software from the link below. Go to file menu>manage connections. If you see USB already in the list, then exit this dialog box else add USB by clicking on New and select USB. Connect you N900 to the computer. Now in the Testing menu select Factory Reset. Using this you can reset the security code.

If you cannot connect using the USB, flash you N900 using the Maemo Flasher. Just flash the rootfs. Now use phoenix to reset security code.

The Following User Says Thank You to adi_adit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I wondered if you've installed openssh server by chance? If so you might be able to login to the device and issue the following command to unlock it:

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.system_ui /com/nokia/system_ui/request com.nokia.system_ui.request.devlock_open string:"com.nokia.mce" string:"/com/nokia/mce/request" string:"com.nokia.mce.request" string:"devlock_callback" uint32:'0'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Hey buddy... I also been with through this thing... the way is to flash ur device first so that u can extract the lock code once flashed... n dont worry I 'll help u with that... m presuming that u r a begginer but atleast u should flash ur device first n keep me posted abt it...

The Following User Says Thank You to CooL_HunK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
Hey buddy... I also been with through this thing... the way is to flash ur device first so that u can extract the lock code once flashed... n dont worry I 'll help u with that... m presuming that u r a begginer but atleast u should flash ur device first n keep me posted abt it...
Thanks!
I had readen how to flash and i'm gone to begging, but i have a question?? Flashing is the same update to the last firmware??
Sorry for my english. I wish then you can help me

Originally Posted by adi_adit View Post
If you are able to connect your phone to the computer via usb follow these steps-

Download and install the official Nokia flashing software from the link below. Go to file menu>manage connections. If you see USB already in the list, then exit this dialog box else add USB by clicking on New and select USB. Connect you N900 to the computer. Now in the Testing menu select Factory Reset. Using this you can reset the security code.

If you cannot connect using the USB, flash you N900 using the Maemo Flasher. Just flash the rootfs. Now use phoenix to reset security code.
Its fast. I'm happy with the speed that all you people whant's to help.
Can you tell me how I use the Maemo Flasher and the Roots? I'm begginer and i find that i have to use flasher 3.5??? But i want the most easy.. Please help me, and thanks again...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Contact Nokia. The purpose of a lock code is to securely lock your device. Nokia can unlock it.
For me that was the first option yesterday... But here en Ecuador i didn't find Nokia center!!!! Here the cels come with one of the two big companies of cel comunications PORTA and Movistar... And they don't have the N900. I buy it in USA Openned and use it with PORTA