Active Topics

Notices

Has development for Bluemaemo died? if so that is a real shame because it is one of my favorite apps.
the reason I ask is because it seems to be stuck in extras devel with some old problems with keyboard focus.

for example in maemo5 hardware keyboard does not work but there is a workaround by qobi which has been around for some time. Is there a reason why this workaround hasn't been implemented in bluemaemo?

if you have easydebian installed, qole even made a nice script which you can use to fix bluemaemo too. just open bluemaemo connect to your pc then open a terminal on the n900 and do

Code:
fixkbdfocus bluemaemo
there! done! kbdfocus is fixed and you can use the hardware keyboard. even minimize and return to bluemaemo without focus being broken. so why isn't this used when bluemaemo is launched?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
I try this and get "No window found with the name bluemaemo". Any ideas?

is bluemaemo open when you do this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
I've tried both ways, I thought I read in another thread somewhere here there is a command that will list open windows with their names, know what it is by chance...I've been searching

EDIT: ok....looking at the script I gathered it was wmctrl -l

So....I typed in
Code:
fixkbdfocus 0x03c00002
and that worked, but I'd like to use friendly names any ideas? If the hex id stays the same I'll just modify the .desktop item for it

EDIT again: I must lern to tipe bettur....it works without issue, sorry and thanks for the hlep

Last edited by xopher; 2010-12-02 at 21:27.

sleeping for 10 seems to be a happy medium when executing from terminal but bluemaemo closes shortly after opening from the desktop

strange. Can I ask what your modified .desktop file looks like if you modified it?

I redirected the bluemaemo.desktop file to point to a script that is in the same path called "blumaemo".....I didn't remove sudo from the line....maybe that's it

EDIT: yes, I was executing my new script with sudo and the script had sudo to execute bluemaemo. I removed sudo from the desktop item and all is well. You question made me think better thanks.

Last edited by xopher; 2010-12-02 at 21:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
any way to do this without using easydebian? seems silly to have to install easydebian to fix this

Hi craftyguy

yes, there is. You could get qobi's fix from this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36952
then create your own script to use with bluemaemo.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Thanks! I grabbed his compiled version, and get an error on launch:

set-focus: relocation error: set-focus: symbol __isoc99_sscanf, version GLIBC_2.7 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
My guess is that qobi compiled it for a version of Maemo 5 earlier than 1.3?

Tags
bluemaemo, focus, keyboard