Active Topics

Hi i was just wondering if someone could make it this into reality? I was thinking of having my N900 showing me having the new text message/new missed call/ new email, etc on the n900 screen lighting up when the n900 is not in a pocket as if the n900 is in pocket ans screen is covered it stays locked and screen not on but if the n900 is taken out of pocket or just lying around on table,etc it also shows up on the screen saying new notification whatever it is! i know the led flashes but its not very noticeable all the times specially in bright environment! Also another thing i would like is a reminder sort of thing like when you get new notificaton and if its not been opened and checked it keeps reminding by vibrating every minute unless the new item has been checked for! What do you guys think? Can this be done?

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
I wouldn't know where to start (I'm a ZX81 kinda guy) but I like my girlfriend's constant white-on-black clock on her N8 display, with little envelope icons for when she's got a text or missed call. It's one of the few features I like about Symbian 3. The rest isn't much cop compared to Maemo5.

i believe there is an app called maenotify that vibrates and beeps every # minutes to remind you you have a textmessage.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester UK
Call Notify will beep/vibrate to remind you of missed calls & messages. I use it all the time with no problems.

+1 for the screen lighting up when a message comes in. Was thinking of exactly the same thing the other day