Active Topics

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
What is going on with n900wallpapers.com? I tried going there today, and it never seems to load. It worked in firefox before, and I tried going there from work and got the front page, but when I clicked on any image, it never loaded, just sat there. I tried from home, and it has been sitting there for the last 5 minutes.

--vr

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
is that the prismic site? i was on yesterday and it took an age to load screens but it did eventually do it

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
I don't think the company is around anymore. Prismic works be it very slowly, but as for wallpapers, the site doesn't update them anymore, (or I haven't noticed any amazing new wallpapers available).

To be honest, I gave up with that website ages ago. I would recommend checking out http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/ and downloading the 800x480 (Netbook) wallpapers- this is the perfect size for my Nokia N900 and there are thousands of photos on this site to choose from.

e.g. Monument Valley

Drop into a folder off your /home/user/MyDocs/ and then use Prismic or change background to swap your wallpapers. - works like a charm.

If you have more than 4 desktops, then I would recommend using Maemodder.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
I don't think the company is around anymore. Prismic works be it very slowly, but as for wallpapers, the site doesn't update them anymore, (or I haven't noticed any amazing new wallpapers available).
Thanks guys. I hadn't been on there since the end of last summer, preferring to make my own. However, I thought I would check back. I was able, as I said, to get to the first page, but nothing beyond from work, and it completely timed out from home...

To be honest, I gave up with that website ages ago. I would recommend checking out http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/ and downloading the 800x480 (Netbook) wallpapers- this is the perfect size for my Nokia N900 and there are thousands of photos on this site to choose from.

e.g. Monument Valley

Drop into a folder off your /home/user/MyDocs/ and then use Prismic or change background to swap your wallpapers. - works like a charm.

If you have more than 4 desktops, then I would recommend using Maemodder.
I prefer the 3200x480 size. I see they have 320x48, though I don't have a lot of confidence as to the quality of the image if resized by an order of magnitude. Oh well.

--vr