Notices

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Kind of a double post, but got a bit lost in the other wireless tethering thread...

But yes, as it says really, all was fine, then did an update of both the kernel and MHS and since then it has stopped working. The network sometimes shows up on the laptop but I can never actually connect...

Tried uninstalling and re installing both...

Someone mentioned copying a .ko file which i searched info on with not much success.. I didn't have to do anything special like that last time i installed mobile hotspot, i just can't figure it out.. tried to look for it on my fone but couldn't find a search tool on my fone...

Can anyone provide me step by step instructions, and maybe a copy of the required .ko file, or even tell me which .ko it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Mine is also not working

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Is it that problem with not having a DHCP server?

Not sure, can you elaborate?

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Kind of a double post, but got a bit lost in the other wireless tethering thread...

But yes, as it says really, all was fine, then did an update of both the kernel and MHS and since then it has stopped working. The network sometimes shows up on the laptop but I can never actually connect...

Tried uninstalling and re installing both...

Someone mentioned copying a .ko file which i searched info on with not much success.. I didn't have to do anything special like that last time i installed mobile hotspot, i just can't figure it out.. tried to look for it on my fone but couldn't find a search tool on my fone...

Can anyone provide me step by step instructions, and maybe a copy of the required .ko file, or even tell me which .ko it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Have you fixed it yet? Mine worked like a charm untill i installed windows 7 on ma laptop now it won't connect? Bit gutted, don't wanna go back to xp for the sake of MHS but having it came in very handy for me.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Not sure if related, but my Joikuspot hasn't been working lately either. Was working flawlessly with my Windows 7 laptop, but now even though it connects there is never any traffic flowing. I don't want to blame CSSU but I can't think of anything else that has been installed recently?

Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Not sure if related, but my Joikuspot hasn't been working lately either. Was working flawlessly with my Windows 7 laptop, but now even though it connects there is never any traffic flowing. I don't want to blame CSSU but I can't think of anything else that has been installed recently?
I don't think its related but this should work for you...

sudo gainroot
modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer

Start joikuspot and it should work but you have to do this every time which is a ballache. Then when you close joikuspot....

sudo gainroot
modprobe -r JoikuSpot_Bouncer

Its a pain but it worked for me

Last edited by natedog400; 2011-03-28 at 13:15.

Just got my N900 back from repair, reflashed to factory spec, did a backup and restored apps, and same deal...

Soooo who on here has mobile hotspot working fine, and what version of power kernal and MHS are you running?

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Just got my N900 back from repair, reflashed to factory spec, did a backup and restored apps, and same deal...

Soooo who on here has mobile hotspot working fine, and what version of power kernal and MHS are you running?
You could use this script to build a WiFi hotspot: [HOWTO] N900 WiFi Hotspot (script version)

You still need to use the iptables, which is already installed with mobilehotspot.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Has anyone recieved a text message from T-mobile about adding a tethering plan to their account? Mobilehotspot was working for me then just stopped roughly after recieving said text message, don't know if they related, just thought I would make mention of it.