I first of all apoligise if this is in the wrong section, but I need some advice my n800 died basicly the screen went making it useless so I thought id buy something new device but I really dont kno if I should go ahead and buy a n900 but Iv notice nokia isnt selling them no more on there site (uk) or buy a cheap n810 from ebay but last time I used my n800 about 3 months ago I noticed that flash on the web was not upgradable and Ill asume its the same for the n810.
so wat would you recommond I really want a pocketable device that I can use for my new business (bmx clothing) If I wrote a list of things I use my device for than maybe it will help lol.

Photos/pics to show folk I used my old n800 with 2x32gb cards to show my designs to people

email (gmail)

Instant mesenger (pidgin)

music on the go

be able to get onto google docs

qwerty keyboard would be awsome but I can i use touch screen ig I have to

I have tried to do research but truth is I dont kno wat to look for if that makes any sense.....
thanks for any info and help.
oh 1 last thing I tried to follow it but wats happing with meego and maemo
sorry about my spelling and grammer

go for the n900 til a meego device arrives

you should get one for £200 new now i should think

cheers was gonna be evil and buy a dell streak but i feel like android is a bit of a rip off with updates

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
N900 is dead and unsupported. If a MeeGo device ever exists, it too will be DOA and unsupported.

Go with something like the Viliv N5: http://www.pocketables.net/2010/06/review-viliv-n5.html and put any OS on it you want.

I was looking at the viliv 5 but I thought at the moment iw was still stuck on windows Iv heard of one guy trying to import linux over

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by cyberboy109 View Post
cheers was gonna be evil and buy a dell streak but i feel like android is a bit of a rip off with updates
I'm not sure I understand this. Android would be a ripoff with updates, while Nokia's lack of updates and support isn't a ripoff? Am I misunderstanding what you meant?

Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
N900 is dead and unsupported. If a MeeGo device ever exists, it too will be DOA and unsupported.

Go with something like the Viliv N5: http://www.pocketables.net/2010/06/review-viliv-n5.html and put any OS on it you want.
This isn't bad.. but kind of bad on battery, heat and size. I'd still rather get an Android tablet or phone, at this rate. Personally, I'm finding I really LOVE the Samsung Galaxy Tab (at 7-inches) for everything I HAD been using my N800 for: EXCELLENT battery life, not a phone (leaving my phone full charged far longer), HUGE, sharp and bright screen, great Bluetooth support (with A2DP, which was awful on the N800), optional keyboard dock that charges at the sametime(or else bluetooth mouse and keyboard so long as you avoid the Verizon and Sprint versions). On the downside: I truly wish they had used full size SD cards (I hate microSD cards). Beyond that--I've had no complaints, coming from an N800 myself.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
oki with android alot of devices will be stuck on 2.2 and theres also still a few on 1.6 till...so lets say I bought the dell streak Id have to wait for some on the hack the device to run 3.0....atleast with nokia they still kinda work after so many years such as the n95 my friend can still go on the web an watch flash videos using starfire....
It...plus ig I got a larger device avour 7 inches some aps refuse to work/open I tried a few my self...android said they would fix this problem but time will tell.....i really miss my n800

i got the galaxy tab with my mobile plan-it is good for a number of things but has one huge flaw as with all android machines-no security-i will not use my tablet for banking or anything that such like

G "OO" GLE IS WATCHING

i think the n810 is still a more secure device

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
My 7" tablet (Huawei S7) runs android 2.1 and can do everything you asked about. About the only thing it's missing is flash 10. Hasn't been a big deal. It's basically a giant sized N800, only better.

It should get an upgrade to 2.2 in the very near future (officially) and progress is being made on 2.3. I think the majority of android devices have gotten updates (whether official or not).

On the other hand, I'll make you a deal on a used N800. I haven't used it since I got my N900 for Xmas 2009. I don't use the N900 much anymore (except as a phone) since I got my tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
na you oki on the n800 deal but I need something just a little more upto date...if I could get flash on the n810 I d pick one up due to the keyboard....Im still trolling the web to find a nice balance...i really dont want anything to big like the ipad or the samsung...more like 7ich or under...Iv even looked at the htc desire z with qwerty keyboard but theres so many problems with loose keyboard

Tags
android, n800replacement